Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

insubordination for not accepting memo but verbally explaining to author of the memo the reason behind

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kawe

Arresto Menor

Does refusal to accept a written memorandum constitute insubordination? I was sent a memo which requires me to reply categorically that a certain project in the past has benefited our organization. i was not the right person to provide answer to said query since i was not involve in said project. So instead or receiving the memo. i tell the secretary that i will not just receive it but instead will just talk to her boss and explain my stand on the matter. So i talked to the boss ( the one who issued the memo) that i am not the right person to answer his queries. Did my action of not receiving the memo but instead talking personally to the boss constitute a ground for insubordination? He was not even my direct superior for he is from a different department.

Because of that incident, i am now subject to an ad-hoc investigation on the charge of insubordination.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

kawe wrote:Does refusal to accept a written memorandum constitute insubordination? I was sent a memo which requires me to reply categorically that a certain project in the past has benefited our organization. i was not the right person to provide answer to said query since i was not involve in said project. So instead or receiving the memo. i tell the secretary that i will not just receive it but instead will just talk to her boss and explain my stand on the matter. So i talked to the boss ( the one who issued the memo) that i am not the right person to answer his queries. Did my action of not receiving the memo but instead talking personally to the boss constitute a ground for insubordination? He was not even my direct superior for he is from a different department.

Because of that incident, i am now subject to an ad-hoc investigation on the charge of insubordination.

Your refusal to receive the memo may be considered insubordination.

Generally, any refusal to comply with a legal or proper instruction may be considered insubordination. The instruction to you was not per se illegal so it might have been better to reply to the memo with your reason for not wanting to categorically answer it how they wanted.

http://www.councilviews.com

kawe

Arresto Menor

Will this constitute termination? At the very least, what penalty should i expect from such action? How can i mitigate this circumstance?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

kawe wrote:Will this constitute termination? At the very least, what penalty should i expect from such action? How can i mitigate this circumstance?

In many cases insubordination is terminable on the first offense.

Try to explain here why you think it's not insubordination and why you should not be terminated for it.

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

better sana kung nag explain ka nalang in writing in response sa memo na binigay nila.

kawe

Arresto Menor

will my action of verbally communicating my reasons to the author of the memo and providing answer to his query compensate for not receiving it instead?

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

kung ni required ka nila to explain your side in writing, okay sana. kasi at least they have given you a chance to explain.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

kawe wrote:will my action of verbally communicating my reasons to the author of the memo and providing answer to his query compensate for not receiving it instead?

No, because that was not the required process.

Besides, they can deny that you told them anything about it.

In office transactions, paper (or email) is important.

leija

Arresto Menor

Can you still be terminated even if you have already resigned?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

leija wrote:Can you still be terminated even if you have already resigned?

Your question is vague at best without further details. But...

Yes, if the resignation is not accepted or is received/advised after the termination has been given/sent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum