Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Empty Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:04 pm

michi vartan

Arresto Menor

Good day.

I would like to ask a question regarding adoption. I have a friend who is already 24 years old and has been legally adopted since birth by a childless couple. Now, she wanted to unadopt herself because she found out who her real parent is--it was the former maid of the household. Can she unadopt herself and make a new birth certificate which states who her real mother is? Is it possible to change her surname to her biological mother's? Thank you.

2adoption - Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Empty Re: Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:51 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

It is possible if initiated by the adoptee through a verified petition filed before the Family Court of the city or province where the adoptee resides. There are qualifiers though like age, circumstances, etc. See Rule on Adoption section 19 on rescission.

3adoption - Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Empty Thank you Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:57 pm

michi vartan

Arresto Menor

centro wrote:It is possible if initiated by the adoptee through a verified petition filed before the Family Court of the city or province where the adoptee resides.  There are qualifiers though like age, circumstances, etc.  See Rule on Adoption section 19 on rescission.

Thank you so much.

4adoption - Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Empty Re: Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:46 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Changing her birth certificate which is not a clerical error requires a petition in court. Madugong documentation ang kailangan. Bumisita sa munisipyo ng office of civil registry kung saan registered ang friend mo. Magtanong kung paano. They usually entertain the queries.

5adoption - Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Empty About sa mana Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:07 pm

michi vartan

Arresto Menor

centro wrote:Changing her birth certificate which is not a clerical error requires a petition in court.  Madugong documentation ang kailangan.  Bumisita sa munisipyo ng office of civil registry kung saan registered ang friend mo.  Magtanong kung paano.  They usually entertain the queries.

Thank you po sa sagot. May pahabol lang po akong tanong. Kunyari na-grant na ang recission of adoption at naging legal na ang pag-adopt sa kanya ng totoo niyang magulang, wala na po ba siyang matatanggap na mana mula sa unang mga umampon sa kanya? Salamat po ulit.

6adoption - Dissolution of Adoption / Unadopt Empty revoke adoption Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:55 pm

jaysonelias

Arresto Menor

how about po if i want to revoke the adoption? i was adopted when i was 7 years old pero im staying sa biological parents ko, na change ang last name ko pero di ako sumama sa nag adopt? pede ko po ba bawiin yung adoption? im 31 now. gusto ko lang makuha ulit ang biological name ko.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum