Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

President and Founder resigned then builds another company

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

saui

Arresto Menor

Our president and Founder resigned from our company then after just a few weeks he puts up a new company with the very same services. Is this legal?

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor

Hi saui: I don't see any conflict of interest with that unless the former president has a valid existing exclusivity agreement for a given period after cessation of his employment with your company.

saui

Arresto Menor

Hi there resjudicata: thanks for the quick response. The problem is that the board of trustees has not endorsed his resignation on SEC yet. so technically, he is still the president. He only resigned by sending us an email. We never saw him again. We've never had a meeting about his resignation. Just after a few days we saw his ad on FB. His company has the very same services that we offer.

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor

Assuming that he has not resigned, he is liable under the law for all damages resulting therefrom suffered by your company.

attyLLL

on its face, i don't see anything unlawful unless there is a non-complete agreement. unless this is a scheme to defraud employees?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

saui

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:on its face, i don't see anything unlawful unless there is a non-complete agreement. unless this is a scheme to defraud employees?

Thank you for the advise. At least now I know what to do..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum