Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Double Registration on Birth Certificate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Double Registration on Birth Certificate Empty Double Registration on Birth Certificate Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:36 pm

mycha

Arresto Menor

Hello to all,

I have a problem with my Birth Certificate. It was found out by NSO that I have a double record of birth the 1st one was registered in Bukidnon and the 2nd one was registered in Misamis Oriental. The one that I'm using now is the 2nd registration. Now my problem is that NSO inform me that the 1st registration is valid and the second is not. As seen on my NSO Birth certificate I have different parents but my name and date of birth were the same.

I want to use the 1st registered Birth Certificate. What should I do in order to change the record I submitted in my insurance,sss, philhealth, bir,bank accounts, school records and other government issued I.d.

If I opt to use the 1st registration, is there a need a personal appearance of the parents indicated in the birth certificate? I'm 28 years old now, does it affects the birth certificate of my son registered under my surname?

Hoping for your answers and recommendation..

Thank you...

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

First, a petition must be filed to correction/ cancel the 2nd birth certificate.  The proper venue is at the location of the 1st one which is in Bukidnon.
The office of civil registry has a set procedure on how this will be done leading to a filing of petition at the Regional Trial Court.  This requires a lawyer, document submissions, publication, filing of fees, schedule of hearing.
For records that did not require declaration of parents, records need not updating unless the middle name is also different.  These offices have a set procedure on how updating is done foremost is the submission of an authenticated birth certificate.

Yun lang muna po. Medyo matrabaho.  Ang best source of advice, Office of Civil Registry office.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum