Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child support issue

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Child support issue Empty Child support issue Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Carina0620

Arresto Menor

Hi. Im a new member here. My name is Carina. I've been looking and searching for answers. Hope this time I can find it.
I am married with an American citizen since 2011. We have a one daughter who is now 2 1/2 years old. We are physically separated 2013 last year. He also stopped sending money from Dec. 2013, he even cut our communication thru emails this year. My problem is we haven't register my daughter's citizenship after she was born. There are some requirements that is needed from my husband. And Im afraid he won't participate at all. I don't have a permanent job right now. I also have my first child from my first partner. Actually, my husband got married again last year to a Vietnamese and that really hurts me. My concern now is my daughter's future and I want my husband to do his responsibilities to our daughter. And he mentioned me that he filed the divorce in US and that will allow me to remarry but I never received any documents for me to sign it.
I have a long story but I think this would be enough for now. I just want to hear ur advice.
Thank you so much and more power!

2Child support issue Empty Re: Child support issue Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:31 am

Carina0620

Arresto Menor

Kailangan ko po ng advice from lawyers ditoi kung meron. Salamat po!

3Child support issue Empty Re: Child support issue Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:31 am

Carina0620

Arresto Menor

Kailangan ko po ng advice from lawyers ditoi kung meron. Salamat po!

4Child support issue Empty Re: Child support issue Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi, if your husband divorced you in the U.S., you should have been sent the divorce papers for your signature because both spouses must sign them. Your daughter us entitled to child support from the father. You should try to locate where he is or at least where he is working.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

5Child support issue Empty Re: Child support issue Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:58 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

What If You Refuse To Sign Divorce Papers?

Some people might not want to end their marriages even though their spouses do. Therefore, they might want to simply refuse to sign the divorce papers in hopes that will force the other parties to stay married to them. However, in reality, refusing to sign divorce papers only delays the inevitable and makes it more difficult for the parties seeking divorce to obtain them. While refusing to sign divorce papers might buy the party against divorce more time, generally, someone cannot be forced to stay married to another person.

Divorce Settlements

Some people might refuse to sign divorce papers not because they want to stay married to the other parties, but because they don’t agree with the stipulations laid forth in the divorce papers. In such instances, compromises and negotiations can be made until terms that both parties can agree to have been reached. If an agreement cannot be reached between both spouses, then the matter must go before the court for a hearing and can even lead to a trial.

No-Fault Vs. Fault Divorce

There are two types of divorce: no-fault and fault. In fault cases, the reasons for the divorce are considered, such as whether one party committed adultery and broke a marriage vow. In such cases, the party that broke a vow might not be awarded as much property as the other party. No-fault divorces don’t attribute blame to either spouse for the end of the marriage, so adultery and other fault-related actions are not considered in no-fault divorces.

Refusal to Sign

In no-fault states, refusal to sign divorce papers will not result in the divorce not being granted. In fault states, refusal to sign papers will generally result in a trial, but in almost every case the judge will find that there were grounds for divorce since one party does not want to be married to the other. Additionally, each state has different rules governing divorce, so reasons for divorce that are recognized in one state might not be recognized in others. Most of the time, accepted grounds for divorce in most states are irreconcilable differences and separation.

Although both parties might not want to get a divorce, refusing to sign divorce papers will not necessarily stop the divorce process. At best, it might only delay it and allow the party who wants to stay married more time to try to convince the other party to do so.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/what-if-you-refus-to-sign-divorce-papers/

6Child support issue Empty Re: Child support issue Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:37 am

Carina0620

Arresto Menor

Good morning! Thank you for your feedback. Actually, my first concern is my daughter's rights. Gusto ko lang po malaman kung may organization dito sa Pinas na pwede tumulong sa kin to forward my issue sa US embassy. Tungkol po sa marriage namin mukhang mahabamg proseso yun. Much better na rin po kung totoong divorce na kami at malaya na ko. Kasi nalaman ko po na nagbalikan na sila nung ex-wife nya before me na isa ring pinay. Few months ago, nagsabi po ako sa kanya na kung pwede kunin na lang nya ang anak namin nung time na susuko na sana ko. Kaso nagbago po ang isip ko dahil sa concern at payo ng magulang at mga kaibigan ko. Nung time po na yun sinabi nya na last chance na daw po yun at wag ko na daw po sya gambalain at hingian ng tulong. Sa pagbabasa ko po dito sa internet tungkol sa issue ng anak ko. Kakabasa ko lang po ulit ng CRBA checklist from US embassy site.

7Child support issue Empty Re: Child support issue Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:40 am

Carina0620

Arresto Menor

Good morning! Thank you for your feedback. Actually, my first concern is my daughter's rights. Gusto ko lang po malaman kung may organization dito sa Pinas na pwede tumulong sa kin to forward my issue sa US embassy. Tungkol po sa marriage namin mukhang mahabamg proseso yun. Much better na rin po kung totoong divorce na kami at malaya na ko. Kasi nalaman ko po na nagbalikan na sila nung ex-wife nya before me na isa ring pinay. Few months ago, nagsabi po ako sa kanya na kung pwede kunin na lang nya ang anak namin nung time na susuko na sana ko. Kaso nagbago po ang isip ko dahil sa concern at payo ng magulang at mga kaibigan ko. Nung time po na yun sinabi nya na last chance na daw po yun at wag ko na daw po sya gambalain at hingian ng tulong. Sa pagbabasa ko po dito sa internet tungkol sa issue ng anak ko. Maraming pong hinihinging requirements from the US citizen parent. Yun po ang wino-worry ko.Kakabasa ko lang po ulit ng CRBA checklist from US embassy site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum