Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buying stocks and bonds under my mother's name.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

klauz619

Arresto Menor

OFW here, I won't be in the philippines very long or often which makes things a problem in registering for a broker.

In addition while staying in the UK I will be taxed double on dividends and bonds so I was thinking of registering my mother's bank account to COLfinancial and send her money and manage here account myself where she will only be taxed by the philippine government.

Is this fraud/tax evasion? I don't think it should be since she will be legally paying all her dues to the phil govmnt.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Well. I suppouse UK would see it as illegal, but they will get trouble to find out Smile
because it isn't illegal for you to send money as GIFTS to your mother.
As long as the money/stocks stay in HER acount, and you don't get anything, no illegal act is done. (If you don't make any communication, which prove it's illegal.)

But LOOK UP! so you don't lose your money by for instance your mother die suddenly and your sibblings demand their inheritance share.

(Btw - I believe the SE Asian stock markets have much better potential than the European/American in the long run.)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum