Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion

+2
dxlapid
Better Call Saul
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Empty Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Better Call Saul

Arresto Menor

ITT we discuss the constitutionality or unconstitutionality of the BBL

2Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Empty UNCONSTITUTIONAL Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 am

dxlapid

Arresto Menor

I think its unconstitutional for one the BBL would like to dissolve ARMM which is a creation of the Constitution. And the BBL sounds like creating a state within a state.

3Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Empty Re: Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:41 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

dxlapid wrote:I think its unconstitutional for one the BBL would like to dissolve ARMM which is a creation of the Constitution. And the BBL sounds like creating a state within a state.

It is not only unconstitutional, but a one-sided deal as well.

4Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Empty Re: Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:30 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Given the Mamasapano incident, the BBL has been put into more scrutiny, which is in favor for those who want to investigate the intentions behind such law.

Since the BBL hearing was suspended indefinitely, there is a clear chance that such won't be passed because of the seemingly unjustifiable clause of the MILF/BIFF being exonerated of all previous charges and illegal actions that they have done. That clause needs to be removed or otherwise amended to avoid those groups from escaping the long arm of the law.

The question whether or not the MILF is a revolutionary government or a belligerent group has resurfaced under Sen. Santiago's questioning and discussion with DOJ Sec. Leila de Luma, which has to be ultimately resolved before any BBL discussions can progress further.

5Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Empty Re: Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:39 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

i admire all your opinions and comment about the BBL, you must remember that GMA tried to created a former BBL but was struck down... its always constitutional superiority that ought to prevail.

6Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Empty Very well said. Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

karl rove wrote:i admire all your opinions and comment about the BBL, you must remember that GMA tried to created a former BBL but was struck down... its always constitutional superiority that ought to prevail.

Indeed. Constitutional superiority should be held above all other laws. Amending the constitution is a long and tedious process, which the BBL supporters are avoiding since they clearly want to expedite the approval process of the BBL... Such will not redound to their benefit.

7Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion Empty Unconstitutional Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Marlouis

Arresto Menor

Read the opinion of Retired Justice Vicente Mendoza (2015)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum