Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need clarification

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need clarification Empty Need clarification Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:53 pm

maverick33

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I need help in clarifying certain rulings with the Philippine Stock Exchange or with the SEC. My mom and dad had a small stock investment with one of their brokers that's over 15 years old. We tried to get the stock certificates from that broker and they refused to provide it to us stating that we need to execute a settlement of estate. The account name is under my father and/or my mom. As per my understanding with the Law, we are not required to execute a settlement of estate since one party is still alive and it was my mother that made the request for those certificates to be issued. My question is, do that broker have any legal right to refuse to issue those certificates to us? I have checked with the stock transfer agents and those shares are placed under the name of that firm. We asked which law and which SEC or PSE regulation stated that we need to execute that estate settlement and they couldn't give me with a specific answer. I assume because there are no specific laws and or regulations supporting their claims.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum