Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small-scale Supplier Protection

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Small-scale Supplier Protection Empty Small-scale Supplier Protection Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:51 pm

mizmerize

Arresto Menor

Good day, Attorneys.

We are a small company serving uniforms to companies and schools. Most of the time, if our customer is a new one, we require 50% down payment before starting production, and 50% percent upon delivery. We also accept retainer fee of 20% if the uniforms are custom made. For regular customers, we waive down payments if the order is small and can be funded by us.

Our contracts are always cash/check upon delivery, but for regular customers, we often tolerate one to two weeks delay in payments. Now, there had been two companies that we dealt with an unusual payment delay of one to six months. We could do nothing but wait until the payment finally comes. Due to payment delays, our capital can't be reused for other upcoming projects and debt interests keep piling up (Materials are specially on loan). This is really hard for small companies that are just juggling with their capital.

Our documentary contracts are just purchase orders and quotations. Including unliquidated damages fee in our quotations to protect us from delayed payment is out of the question. Many companies avoid these. And because we are a small scale company, we won't have any customers if we do this.

Is there any law that protects us from this kind of problem?

2Small-scale Supplier Protection Empty Re: Small-scale Supplier Protection Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:24 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Based on your narration, it seems that you have no other option but to adjust to what your customers need. Also you will be bound by your agreements, so decide carefully. By the way, just a suggestion, why don't you consider registering as a Barangay Micro-Business Enterprise? I don't know how small your business is, but somehow you may benefit from being registered. Try reading this. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/micro-business-bmbe

3Small-scale Supplier Protection Empty Re: Small-scale Supplier Protection Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I SUPPOUSE the ony protection you have is as for unpaid depts.
You can go to Small claims court when the amount is max 100 000. (Or perhaps it's 200 000.)

You can CLAIM for other damages, BUT I suppouse the court would only concider the debt amount plus an interest (Low compared to common interests in Phils.)

If the customer is close, you can ask if the barangay captain take your case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum