Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Career options for a 40- year old after recently passing the 2009 bar exams

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cashew

Arresto Menor

My sister recently passed the 2009 bar exams. While studying law she was a housewife so right now she is confused on what career path to choose. Can she still be an associate in a law firm? Seems like what these law firms are hiring are the younger ones. Can she still apply at the Public Attorney's Office to gain more experience even at her age or put up a small law office (this she believes will not make her earn yet coz she is well aware that she will be competing with more known law offices)? If she intends to become a corporate lawyer what are the necessary working experience she has to earn first given her age again which is 40. Is age a big factor in determining a young lawyer's career options? Would appreciate your suggestions as I really want my sister to be off to a good start. Please help.

attyLLL

cashew, i recommend your sister goes shotgun and just tries to apply for all. prepare a resume and her transcript of records. make lots of copies, then prepare an individualized letter application for each of the offices she will apply in. she can make her choice after the interviews and offers come in.

beginning practice at 40 is the same as being 27. they're all on equal footing in terms of knowledge of practice: practically nothing. i was mid 30s when i started.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

cashew

Arresto Menor

thanks a lot attyLLL. I think my sister should do just that. apply for every vacant position and just weigh her options afterwards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum