Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

career vs. citizenship

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1career vs. citizenship Empty career vs. citizenship Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:15 pm

sherry

Arresto Menor

this time, my daughter has dual citizenship (pilipino & japanese). she was born in philippines. wen she reached her age of 22 she need to choose her nationality and we wanted to have her japanese nationality BUT as per advise of japanese govmn't, she need to throw her philippine nationality if she decided to choose japanese nationality.

My QUESTION is, she can still study and work in the philippines as a DOCTOR even she is a japanese national? what we need? how about her professional license as a doctor? for what we want, is it POSSIBLE or COMPLICATED? PLEASE DO HELP US ABOUT THIS THINGS.

Thank you, more power and God bless!

2career vs. citizenship Empty Re: career vs. citizenship Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:57 pm

attyLLL

hi sherry. what did your daughter have to do to formalize her japanese citizenship and when did she turn 22?

Philippine dual citizenship law allows retention of filipino citizenship even after acquiring another citizenship. to be sure, what year was she born, and is at least one of her parents a filipino? does she have a Philippine birth certificate and/or passport?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3career vs. citizenship Empty Re: career vs. citizenship Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 am

sherry

Arresto Menor

hi! as far as i know, personal appearance to japanese embassy or city hall to file her japanese nationality provided with her the supporting documents such as her birth cert. including (parents docs), letter of endorsement from parent(japanese national) etc.. her bday is on May 10, 1990. she has birth certificate in philippines, her dad is japanese and ia'm pilipino,

4career vs. citizenship Empty Re: career vs. citizenship Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 am

attyLLL

Philippine law is clear. She will retain her Philippine citizenship even if she chooses to be Japanese. Her birth certificate is evidence of her Philippine citizenship. The medical school and PRC should recognize that she is a Filipina.

As for Japanese law vis a vis her retention of Filipino citizenship, I'm not competent to comment on this matter.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum