Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

verbal agreement on employment bond and i'm threatened by my manager

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scathe06

Arresto Menor

This is my first job and I am employed in my present company for more than a year now. I had undergone a training that I think costs more than 50K. Weeks before the training started, there was a verbal agreement that I would be serving the company for a year since I'd be under the employment bond due to the training. The company did not let me sign any contract. The training was only a week and was finished just this last week of March. Up until now, they have not let me sign any contract.

What worries me now is that I am planning to resign from this work, but when I informed my operations manager of the plan that I will be resigning this coming August, he told me that I am going to have a problem since I am under an employment bond. He further noted that though there was no contract being signed by both parties, the agreement is still valid and that the company has a hold on me because they have proofs that I really undergone a training.

Also, I followed up with the HR regarding the contract, only to find out that the HR Manager and the COO is yet to decide on the matter and have not really come up with the terms of the bond if I will be serving for 1 or 2 years.

Does the company really have the right to hold me for a verbal agreement employment bond? And if I resign, is it possible that I could get my COE and backpay?

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

There's No Bond contract, I think your not liable.
If you resigned they will not release your COE but they have no right to hold or not to release your backpay.

scathe06

Arresto Menor

Thanks for taking a time to read my post. appreciate it so much.  Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum