Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

The "Anti-Dummy" law

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The "Anti-Dummy" law Empty The "Anti-Dummy" law Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:50 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

(I ask IN GENERAL. It's about DIFFERENT Filipin-foreigner families situations.)
I know there is a law ment to stop foreigners to own business through Filipina wife. (The law stop Filipina wife from owning even when it's HER money, which she HASN'T got from the foreign husband by counting the couple as one, and when it's business type with restrictions against foreigners, then the wife is hit by it too!
The Philippines need MORE businesses, but the parlament seem to think foreigners are that stupid being prepared to pay 100 % but only get 40 %!!! (For most types of business. There are exceptions.)

But now to my question Smile
1. E g if it's a business with max 40 % foreign owning, which the wife perhaps had even BEFORE they met, does the Filipina wife have to sell just because she married??!

2. Do the law only concern the wife,
or other Filipin family members too?
(e g family-in-law.) Or can the family be assisted by foreigner finance new business for the family?

--
3. Is it similar for LAND?

Do a Filipina have to sell land she has just because she marry a foreigner??

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum