Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Childs birth certificate marriage problem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jooyon333

Arresto Menor

I am an american my wife pinay, we had our daughter before we were married in 2004, but she gave an erronous date saying we were married at the time of birth. We are legally married now but that occurred several yrs later (2010). Me and my wife have always been together in the raising of the child. Is this nso bc a legal document. what must I do to correct this? I am trying to make the child a dual citizen I do not think the embassy will accept this document.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Nothing serious! Just get an affidavit of correction from a lawyer and appeal, then they will correct the right date of marriage into your child's birth certificate and when that is ready, get a copy from NSO before applying at the embassy.

jooyon333

Arresto Menor

Are you sure because what we are talking about is a foriegner and not two citizens?

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

That is only for the Philippine documents if that is corrected, it will be easy for your own country, ask your lawyer before applying for a dual citizenship. Confusion with date happens!

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Sorry! I have to answer your PM here because my PM doesn't seem to be sending.
You said;

"jooyon333
I don't think your understanding the problem we were not married when the child was born, the mother gave them a fictitous date of marriage. We did not get married for several years after the birth. So I don't think it is a matter of just dates more like a change of marital status. any assistance would be appreciated.
thanks for your response..."

I meant what I said! Date on marriages can be a technical error but since you are still married to her the time you are applying for your child's citizenship, does not make a difference. This only matters if any of you falsified the said documents! They only care about the existence of marriage and the authenticity of your documents.

6Childs birth certificate marriage problem Empty birth certificate problem Sun May 25, 2014 2:26 am

jooyon333

Arresto Menor

after some diliberation with my wife, I think I understand the context of your answer!I will be persueing this matter inline with your advise. I will let you know what the lawyer says on monday! Thanks again for all the help...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum