Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Certificate of Employment with Liabilities

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

billbal

Arresto Menor

I worked for almost 3 years in a very small private company. Time came that I had to take a loan from them which is noe less than 70k and I am paying up to date every month.

I started April 2011 and had training period for 7 months with below minimum wage. Then I became a regular employee. There was no written contract for the start of my employment. My SSS and other Benefits were only filed last April 2012.

Three months ago I resigned due to health problems and was denied the issuance of Certificate of Employment due to I had a financial liability. I am still paying it up to date.

As I know it, Certificate of Employment is different from clearance of liabilities.

What can I do to receive a Certificate of Employment so I can find a decent Job to pay my loan faster?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Usually employers doesn't give COE if you are not cleared yet. Pay your loan to be cleared.

billbal

Arresto Menor

I am unable to pay the loan because I cannot find a better work with good pay due to the lack of COE. Is there anything I could do to get the COE?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

you shouldnt have resigned until you have paid your loan.

maybe you can issue a promisory note? talk to the HR and explain your situation.

billbal

Arresto Menor

I was sick so I cannot continue working that is why I resigned. I have given the courtesy of resignation rather being a company liability. Probably a promisory note would help. Any other actions I could do?

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Promissory note lamang ang magagawa mo.
Your company can not forced you to pay as our constitutions protects debtors, YOU CAN NOT BE PUT BEHIND BARS BECAUSE OF NON PAYMENT OF DEBT OR POLL TAXES.

If they will not agree in promissory note, ask for your CERTIFICATE OF SSS and PAG-IBIG Contributions as proof of your employment. That's a legal documents they can give.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum