Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can employer tell employee not to come to work tomorrow?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tangadsangig

Arresto Menor

This is the scenario:
Employer is a food company engaged in trading. Tonight the employer is told by his supplier-food manufacturer that it cannot deliver the products because his machines were not working.  These products are to be sold to the market the next day (by the trader). So the Food-trader employer tells his employee, van salesman/delivery man not to come to work the next day since there's no products to deliver the next day.  Is that legal? I'd like to hear on what others have to say.

Thanks.

rimyrf79

rimyrf79
Arresto Menor

Yes it is legal. Food-Trader employer exercise a sheer prerogative, there is nothing in the law which prohibits an exertion of a valid management prerogative granted by law. Thus, it is a lawful order which warrants adhesion by it's employees, otherwise you may be held liable for insubordination.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum