Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:41 pm

123jaja

Arresto Menor

I just want to ask, I am being accused of qualified theft by someone I do not know.
what happened was, me and my girlfriend went to this place to do something. When I sat down, I saw a PHONE under the chair, and of course hid it inside my pants. I didnt tell my GF about it and went to the washroom to check the device. So basically, I was the one who got the phone. I went to the mall and sold the phone. then later that afternoon, someone is calling my GF and is threatening her of qualified theft. so they are blaming her of something that she didnt do. they were saying that they caught something on the security camera. I honestly didnt intend to steal the device which I didnt because as I have said, I just found it under the chair. they are claiming as well that they will show it to my GF's employer and take further action as for qulaified theft. my question is that, with what have happened. if that was caught in the video, would that be enough for me to be accused for qualified theft and if not me, how about my GF? please reply asap.

2QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:10 am

attyLLL

not qualified theft, but simple theft.

Art. 308. Who are liable for theft. — Theft is committed by any person who, with intent to gain but without violence against or intimidation of persons nor force upon things, shall take personal property of another without the latter's consent.

Theft is likewise committed by:

1. Any person who, having found lost property, shall fail to deliver the same to the local authorities or to its owner;

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 am

123jaja

Arresto Menor

so I can be liable for that? whats the sanction for that? and how about my GF?

4QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:46 am

attyLLL

it depends on the value of the phone. why would they name your gf if she wasn't involved? do they really have a video? go back to this place so you can view the video.

5QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:57 am

123jaja

Arresto Menor

what if they have? what should I do?

6QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:03 am

123jaja

Arresto Menor

and another one. its actually a hospital. the clinic gave my gfs information to that someone. thats not allowed right?

7QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:17 pm

attyLLL

i believe the clinic is within reason to look back at the footage of their waiting area and show the result to the person who lost their phone. the privilege between doctor and patient extends only to the medical records.

your gf can try to initiate a complaint against the clinic for releasing her contact information but that will not negate the fact of your thievery.

i recommend that you do not admit anything but you can offer to replace the phone or its value 'just to buy peace'. good luck.

8QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:46 pm

123jaja

Arresto Menor

I've actually talked to that someone and the security of that clinic. but I didnt admit everything. shall I tell them that I dont have the device. they wont have a proof right? its just the video and I can pretend that its my phone?

9QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:46 am

123jaja

Arresto Menor

I've actually talked to that someone and the security of that clinic. but I didnt admit everything. shall I tell them that I dont have the device. they wont have a proof right? its just the video and I can pretend that its my phone?

10QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:50 am

123jaja

Arresto Menor

I am not actually not doing this because I want to keep the device. I really just dont trust the guy because basing from his texts he would demand a lot if I will make an arrangement. please reply. I need help. I am confused now.

11QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:51 am

attyLLL

i recommend you view the security feed. if it's very clear, i suggest you find a way to settle. i cannot advise you to lie, but there are legal defenses even for someone caught on tape especially if it is not entirely clear what is being shown.

12QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 pm

123jaja

Arresto Menor

Thank you. that is what I am planning for.

13QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:48 pm

joan tacorda

Arresto Menor

last week i moved into another place to rent, i wasnt telling my former landlord im getting my things out one by one, because i know how they are. the things i took out were really mine and i have receipts for it..when they find out that i am about to move, they blocked the front door and told me that i will not get my things without proper authority.. they are claiming when i first moved and rented their place, they lend me 2 aircons, 4 tvs, 2 refs, and tables and chairs.. but actually, i didnt receive it or anything signed that they do lend me it, i really didnt used it or anything,,i rented their place for 7 years without any contract .ive been asking them the contract for years but they refused to give me t..i was sent today a notice of confrontation, i am being charged with qualified theft.. but the complainant wasnt the former landlord but one of their employees.. i dont know how to face them on monday im afraid that my ignorance of the law that they might used it against me..

14QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Empty Re: QUALIFIED THEFT!!!!!! Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:47 pm

attyLLL

answered your msg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum