Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

QUIT CLAIM RELATED TO VEHICULAR ACCIDENT

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1QUIT CLAIM RELATED TO VEHICULAR ACCIDENT Empty QUIT CLAIM RELATED TO VEHICULAR ACCIDENT Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:42 pm

jvk1091

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.,
My son was involved in a vehicular accident and he admitted that it was his fault. The Police Report stated that "driver of V2 (my son) admitted that he accidentally hit and bumped V1." V1 is covered by a comprehensive insurance whereas our car is not. I do not know yet how much the repair of V1 would cost. I interceded in the negotiation on behalf of my son and the owner of V1 and I agreed that he would just file a claim with his insurance company but I shall pay him for the "participation fee" plus all costs that he may incur (like transportation expense) while his car is being repaired in the Casa.
My questions are:
1) After paying him the participation fee, may his insurance company still demand payment from me for the actual cost of repairs (less the participation fee)?
2) If yes, what can I do so that the insurance company would not have a right to collect from me.
3) Would a "Quit Claim" and/or "Affidavit of Desistance" signed by the insured (owner of V1) be enough to free me from any liability to his insurance company?
Really need your advice regarding this case.

Regards,
Jimmy

hyundai_756

Arresto Menor

same issue here, waiting for reply po...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum