Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Application of VAT to 2 adjacent units in a preselling condo

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Broker anna

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I have a cousin who purchased 2 units from SMDC who is a citizen of Norway. When he bought the units last year, his agent gave him computations that showed VAT was not applicable. A year after, SM writes to him saying he has to pay VAT due to the BIR ruling. According to SM, this was a new law but being a broker of preselling properties I know this law has been in place for at least 2years now. My cousin wants a refund due to non-disclosure of such a law and SM is washing their hands saying this is not their fault. Is my cousin entitled to a full refund? What about the VAT--can he tell SM they should pay it since they already asked him to sign a CTS with the initial amount without vat?

attyLLL

the legal remedy is to write a letter to smdc informing them that you are suspending payments and then filing a case at hlurb

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum