Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

remedy for property with unpaid taxes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1remedy for property with unpaid taxes Empty remedy for property with unpaid taxes Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 am

chael888

Arresto Menor

Here is the case ....
Land situated in Manila specifically in Novaliches is occupied by tenants for 20 years without payments.Said land was inherited by my mother from my lola.Land is under the name of my brother who is deceased since July 1992.Tenants want to own the land.In fact their representative informed us that we have land that they have been occupying for 20 years...Now,I want to arrange things so that the land will not come to naught and be converted to at least a substantial amount.Am willing to sell the land to tenants though(after tax payment of 200k).Land is originally 700 sq meters but since there is a creek ,its area was reduced to 500 sq meters.Now...we(the representative from the tenants and I)are going to talk about how to make a win-win solution for both of us in the next days..Now...1.)Will donation from my deceased brother(as a remedy to make it easier and faster)to me the answer so that there will be a rightful owner to sell the land??Could you suggest any other remedies that could expedite things???And how much does it cost to make donation?? I appreciate your effort and your time.God bless...

attyLLL

the problem here is whether these tenants have the money to pay you.

I recommend you agree to place the property under a Community Mortgage Program where they can borrow for a maximum of P2,000 per square meter. it will be the socialized home financing corporation which will pay you. whatever amount above P2,000 you can claim from the tenants.

the process is a bit slow. if the tenants have good organizers, the processing can be done and the cash released realistically within a year.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

chael888

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:the problem here is whether these tenants have the money to pay you.

I recommend you agree to place the property under a Community Mortgage Program where they can borrow for a maximum of P2,000 per square meter. it will be the socialized home financing corporation which will pay you. whatever amount above P2,000 you can claim from the tenants.

the process is a bit slow. if the tenants have good organizers, the processing can be done and the cash released realistically within a year.
Thanks.Appreciate it.But prior to placing it to housing program,since it is in the name of the deceased(my brother),,what would be the best action??Donation??Or is it already immaterial,since it will be placed on the housing program???Thanks again...

attyLLL

then you should settle the estate of your brother and the property can be transferred to his heirs.

it is material because the owner of the property will be selling it to the the community association.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum