Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Advice on BIR taxes on property

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Legal Advice on BIR taxes on property Empty Legal Advice on BIR taxes on property Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Mai

Arresto Menor

My grandparents left a big property to their children when they died. My mom and her siblings divided it equally among themselves. While the transfer was ongoing, my aunt died and on her will, she gave me and my sister 500 sqm. each from her inheritance.

My late aunt married a widower with grown children and he had properties of his own. Both my aunt and uncle are now dead. The inheritors of my late aunt's properties do not wish to take part of her husband's properties.

Going back to the property inherited by my late aunt. There is already a title ready for release. But BIR wants us to pay the inheritance taxes of my late uncle's properties and a certified copy of my uncle's land title before they could clear us out. And they are asking too many certified copies of other documents which they late claim not needed.

The grown children of my late uncle cannot pay their inheritance tax and refuse to provide their land title for fear that we might become interested on it.

I am aware that those BIR scums are just looking at ways to exhort money from us. So I would like to know what are the real requirements and what should we do in this situation.

I hope you could answer this soon.

TiagoMontiero

Prision Correccional

Yes the law requires Inheritance Tax, and the amount varies depending on the value of the property. In you part, just demand an Official Receipt (OR) everytime you pay the BIR. Likewise, try to consult the Citizens Charter of the BIR, there you can find the official fees and requirements needed and also the proper procedures.

3Legal Advice on BIR taxes on property Empty Re: Legal Advice on BIR taxes on property Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:54 am

Mai

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply.

We don't mind in paying the inheritance tax of my aunt. But is there a way not to pay for the inheritance tax of my uncle' property? Because we are not after his property and we will not get any from it. ayaw namin bayaran yun dahil ang makikinabang yung mga anak niya.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum