Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to transfer land title from a dead person

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

l_j

Arresto Menor

Ask po ako ng legal advise. Meron pong hawak na title father ko ngayon, he got it w/ his co-pastor from an old house na binabantayan ng co-pastor nya. it include documents like land survey. Patay n po ang may ari, matandang dalaga ung may- ari t walang kapatid or anak. namatay ung may-ari sa America. nareceive lng ng co-pastor ang sulat from America that the owner of the land is already dead. Is there anyway to have the land title be transferred to my dad or his co-pastor? thank you!

attyLLL

there has to be an exhaustive search for any other relatives. the closest one should receive the property. if there is none, it will be the State who will receive the property.

If there is a will, or a deed of donation or sale to the church then perhaps it is still possible.

you can also check under the laws of the state where the owner in the US resided, but I do not believe there is any way under Philippine law.

Last edited by attyLLL on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

l_j

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the information Sir!

My neighbor is paying taxes of an idle land in our subdivision. (just like the land of the dead owner and nobody's claiming it for 30 yrs) then she tells us that it is her land already. is that another way of owning a land or jusr lan grabbing? there are many idle land in our subdivision which nobody claims ownership of it for a long time (ex. 30 yrs)and most of the owner of block("not just lot")are attorneys or politician which for sure has a knowledge on things like that. I think most of people who has knowledge about owning a land doesn't even give effort to spend millions just to own a land. (they use alternative ways)

attyLLL

if the property is titled to another person in the Register of Deeds, no amount of mere payment of the taxes will result in transfer to her. However, if the local government has distrained the property for failure of the owner to pay real estate taxes and auctioned it, then it is possible for another person to acquire it through the auction.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum