Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer does not want to pay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Employer does not want to pay  Empty Employer does not want to pay Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:33 am

sunshine

Arresto Menor

my friend has an NLRC case together with other ex-co-workers where NLRC asked the company to pay backpay plus damages.

the company (US company) refuses to pay. what can my friend and his co-workers do?

the US company says that they are planning to file bankruptcy ... in that case, how can my friend and c0-workers get the amount due to them?

... note the owner of the US company has a history of not paying wages plus closing then opening another business. this has been done in the us, india, romania and here.

2Employer does not want to pay  Empty Re: Employer does not want to pay Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:45 am

b_9904

b_9904
Prision Correccional

^hmmm... question lang: anong nationality ng mayari? corporation ba ito? if so, saan inorganize corporation nya?

3Employer does not want to pay  Empty Re: Employer does not want to pay Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 pm

attyLLL

is this US company properly licensed to conduct business here in the philippines? are there actual officers of the company here? does the company have assets in the philippines?

your friend has already initiated a complaint at nlrc. are they done with filing of position papers? she has to win the case first to be entitled to an award. if they are still in conciliation and the company refuses, then there's nothing she can do.

if they set up a new company here, then you can try to prove that it is the same company and execute against the property of that company.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum