Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

IS CUTTING OF WATER SERVICES LEGAL?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IS CUTTING OF WATER SERVICES LEGAL? Empty IS CUTTING OF WATER SERVICES LEGAL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:15 am

annabel_nov

Arresto Menor

Good evening, Atty!

Our homeowners association is the one providing water to all homeowners.

However, there are many delinquent homeowners who were not paying their association dues. In our Deed of Restrictions and homeowners association it was indicated that:

"Failure to pay homeowner’s monthly dues, water and/or electrical charges for a period of three (3) days from the due date and without the necessity of sending notice, shall authorize the ASSOCIATION, as the case may be, to automatically disconnect water and/or electrical facilities without incurring liability therefore whatsoever."

Is it legal to cut the water services to delinquent homeowners?

My second issue is:

We have recently held an election which majority of the homeowners have casted their votes. Unfortunately, the ELECOM was not able to submit the result of the election to the HLURB within 15 days from date of election. Are newly elected Officers and BODs be considered illegal since our ELECOM forget to submit the result of the election?

Anticipating your prompt reply to my queries.

Thank you very much and God bless!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum