Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not Allowed to take Vacation Leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not Allowed to take Vacation Leave Empty Not Allowed to take Vacation Leave Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:58 am

felise_carla

Arresto Menor

We are working on a callcenter. We have Vacation, Emergency, Sick Leaves but they call it Paid Time Off. Instead of having different kinds of Leave per day basis, the company just combined the total hours an employee of the Philippines are supposed to have a Leave. So far I have accumulated 160 hours(maximum hours an employee can have since i didn't take any leave/tardiness last year). To convert this to per day basis I should be eligible to 20 days Leave with Pay. However, our manager states that, the COMPANY CANNOT APPROVE my LEAVE request for 2 weeks(14 days) since it would be business impacting(meaning for callcenter lesser manpower).
This has been the issue why I was not able to apply for a leave last year unless the employee got hospitalized and bring with him all the supporting documents of his hospitalization.
When i brought up my request to our Manager he only given me 3 choices: to resign, be terminated by AWOL or "BEG" with my co-employee to render OVERTIME to cover my hours out of work. Is there anything on our constitution that states that an employee should be given VACATION LEAVE without this Conditions?

2Not Allowed to take Vacation Leave Empty Re: Not Allowed to take Vacation Leave Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:09 am

felise_carla

Arresto Menor

Why would they give us a LEAVE CREDITS if they are not allowing us to use them unless you got hospitalized?

3Not Allowed to take Vacation Leave Empty Re: Not Allowed to take Vacation Leave Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:43 pm

wolfwise

Arresto Menor

The fact is, under the Labor Code, only a service incentive leave of five (5) days with pay for each year is statutorily provided. This is the minimum number of leave days an employee is entitled, aside from maternity, paternity, SSS sickness benefits, special leave for women, etc provided under special laws.

Vacation and sick leaves are provided by virtue of company policy or CBA. Thus, the conditions of such agreements must also be respected, otherwise, the interests of the business may be jeopardized. What if 50% of the employees decide to take a leave for two (2) weeks simultaneously?

Try asking for a shorter leave. It is not worth losing your job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum