Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Import tax and duties on imported books

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1books - Import tax and duties on imported books Empty Import tax and duties on imported books Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:05 am

hawodg

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I recently bought two books from United States and was delivered through Fedex. When the books arrived here in the Philippines, Fedex asked us to pay 50% of the original amount of books.

Knowing that imported books should be free from import duties and taxes I refused to pay such amount. I contacted Bureau of Customs and Department of Finance and was told that indeed those books should be free from tax after processing the tax exemption documents.

Most of the documents needed to process the exemption are in the hands of Fedex. However, they did not take action on my dispute but instead tried to deliver the books and ask us to pay the undue amount.

They still withhold my package and still ask me to pay for import duties and taxes. The did not even told me about the process of exemption and did not return my emails yet (as of this writing)

If this remained unresolved, where can I seek legal action against Fedex Philippines? Furthermore, what legal action should I take on this?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum