Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

taxes and duties

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1taxes and duties  Empty taxes and duties Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 am

carol7381

Arresto Menor

hello. i would like to seek legal advice regarding my problem with FEDEX. I recently received a package from my boyfriend in Japan via FEDEX. This is the third time that i have received a package via FEDEX but this is the first time that FEDEX is charging me. The total cost of the items that were sent to me is approximately $20 dollars, payment for the shipping or waybill not yet included. I was shocked when the FEDEX guy told me that i need to pay an amount of Php3719.59. The breakdown of the charges are as follows:

Custom Forms & Stamps 315.00
Duties & Taxes 2,844.00
Storage Fee 560.59

Before I complain, I would like to know if this is legal. Please advise.

carol

Last edited by carol7381 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

2taxes and duties  Empty Re: taxes and duties Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm

attyLLL

bringing in goods requires payment of import duties and taxes. if before you got away with it, it does not mean it cannot be charged to your new packages.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum