Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW

+23
boomboomdos
maldita010809
waka9324
patetskie
divine_318
plagooms
PleaseAnswer
Carmina080479
Billy_Bob
howellzki
munchkins
john76_ph
tollebj
Marlly
code00
Choirboy1972
adchem
dyan_inc
shanmei
maddi
niterisk
attyLLL
catcat
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:47 pm

attyLLL

sheriff has to try again to serve summons

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

27BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Marlly

Arresto Menor

Atty, Nagkaroon po ako ng utang sa pilipinas during i have business there na pinatubuan 10% sa halagang 140k last 2009 p po, at the same year sumunod n po ako s pamilya q sa canada. Nahirapan po ako makarecover kaya as this time patuloy p po ako ngiipon...may cheke po yun pero close na sa banko. Sa ngayun po bahay ko na kinukuhang kabayaran?! at may banta na HDO daw po ako..pauwi n sana ako ngayung August. Posible po b n d n q makabalik dito gayung wala ako receive any official complaint.

28BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 pm

attyLLL

they may have filed a bp 22 case against you. you should check with the prosecutor's office. check also at the BI if you are on the watchlist.

29BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Marlly

Arresto Menor

Salamat Attorney sa reply, How to check the prosecutor office if I am outside of the coutry. If BI naman po,Sa paanong paraan ko po ito malalaman? ano po ang posibilidad na mangyari sakin if ever na naka wachlist ako? Attorney, pingbabayad nila po ako ng tubo n kung saan doble-doble na kaya lumubo na ng sobrang laki, na kung saan di naman nakamentioned sa cheke. May laban po ba ko kung magkano lang nakalagay sa cheke ang ibabayad ko. Sapat po ang western Union Receipt sa pagpapatunay na ngbayad na ko ng utang (halaga na nasa cheke) at iavoid ko na na 10% na tubo.

30BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:41 pm

attyLLL

get yourself a lawyer or have someone do it for you.

31BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:06 am

tollebj

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.

I need your advise on my case.

Facts:
- I made a loan sa bank for 90k.
- I issued PDCs to pay back the loan.
- I lost my job and my checks bounced.

The attorney's office has been calling me to settle a total of 220k including all interest and charges. They also offered me a settlement of 170k. During the last week of August, I told them I couldn't be that total amount so they said to give them a check for 170k dated September 25 para they wont file the case. So that's what I did coz I was scared they would file the case. Since I no longer had a checking account, I borrowed a check from my bestfriend. A week before the 25h I informed the lawyer and his associates not to deposit the check coz I couldn't come up with the money. They asked me to pay them 50k nalang and installment on the rest but I just started my new job and was able to deposit only 20k. The lawyer called me and said pinahiya ko daw siya sa credit commitee ng bank. If only I had more money, I'd pay more but I can only afford so much. Now, they've been very quiet since I made my payment but I think they are filing the case against me.

Questions:
- Should I get a lawyer to assist me with my prob and negotiate an official settlement?
- Should I just continue paying what I can every payday?
- Any additional advise you can give?
- What should I do now?

32BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 pm

attyLLL

have you even checked whether the person you are talking to is a real lawyer?

33BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 am

john76_ph

Arresto Menor

Hi good day!

My friend texted me to file a case with the checks i issued to here last june and july 2010, she deposited it last year and mark account closed. gusto ko lang po itanong kung liable pa ba ako criminally kc ngayon lang sya nagpadala ng notice of dishonor october 2011 and plano nya mag file ng case.

34BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:48 pm

attyLLL

yes, she has several years to file the case.

35BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:45 pm

munchkins

Arresto Menor

Hello Good evening,

My wife ay umanib sa cooperative with their promise of lending us some cash to help us recover sa business namin na internet cafe. nung naka avail kami ng loan, ang ini release sa amin ay post dated check amounting to 10k, so dahil need na namin ng pera, napilitan asawa ko ipapalit sa ibang tao yung cheke na inisyu ng cooperativer sa amin. ipinasok ng taong yun ang cheke sa bangko knowing na magkakapondo. after 3 days of clearing, nalaman nyang wala palang pondo ang tseke. nakapangalan ang tseke sa cooperative, ngayon ang tanong ..liable ba kami sa bp22 gayung ang dapat may obligasyon na pondohan yun eh yung mismong cooperative na nilapitan namin?kami ba ang irereklamo ng tao na yun o yung silang dalawa ng cooperatiba ang magdedemandahan? thanks!

36BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:17 pm

attyLLL

you can be liable because you endorsed the check

37BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:06 pm

howellzki

Arresto Menor

Good day po Atty!

Hingi lang po ako ng advice kung anu po magandang gawin sa kaso ko. May Warrant of Arrest po ako since August 2006, 5 Checks po yung di napondohan sa bank amounting to Php 10,300 each check. Yung complainant po ay kakilala namin, willing naman ako magbayad kaso sabi nya di nya pwedeng paurong yung kaso hanggat hindi pa ako bayad.. Ano po kaya maganda kong gawin? Mag bail na? Mga magkano po kaya para makapagahanda ako ng pera. Na hire kasi ako photographer ng Munisipyo namin kaya di ako pwedeng pagala-gala dun at nakakahiya din naman sa pinagkakautangan ko..

Maraming salamat po!

Howell

38BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty BP22 query Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Billy_Bob

Arresto Menor

Am I right in my understanding of the legal procedure?

1. Bank files a case for BP 22 at the fiscal's office.
2. Fiscal accomplished an Investigative Data Form.
3. Fiscal determines probable cause.
4. Fiscal proceeds with the case to court.

Now, if the respondent already has the needed funds to cover all the face value of the checks involved, and if the case has not gone to the court yet, can the case be dismissed at the fiscal level already?

39BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:50 pm

attyLLL

howellzki, you can be arrested anytime if you don't file bail. up to you to weigh the risk. of course they won't settle without payment.

billy, is the bank the complainant? it is the complainant who fills in the data form, and both he and the prosecutor will sign it. rest is correct generally.

yes, but only if the complainant agrees.

40BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:31 pm

howellzki

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:howellzki, you can be arrested anytime if you don't file bail. up to you to weigh the risk. of course they won't settle without payment.

attyLLL, may idea po ba kayo kung magkano dapat kong ihanda pang bail.. tapos kausapin ko nlng yung complainant for installmment payments.. thanks in advance!

41BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 am

Carmina080479

Arresto Menor

Good Day po.
Just want to ask po kung ano puede kong maging move with my customer na nag issued po ng check amounting to 14000 bumalik po.. it was payable with my name. First po DAIF yung check... 2nd deposit ko po closed account na. May 1 pa po kc na check na 21000 na i need to collect. Do I need po na ipasok yun kahit alam kong closed account na. Tinatawagan ko po... pero di naman xa nagpupunta sa sinasabi niang day na mag se settle sya. Construction Company po sya.. pero personal check ang ginagamit nia. Pano po ba ang procedure para sa demand letter.
Thank You. Any advice and help will be highly appreciated.

42BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am

attyLLL

carmina, is it a personal check or company check? you have to find a way to deliver a notice of dishonor and demand letter personally to the signatory of the check.

PleaseAnswer

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. Under B.P. 22, demand letter may be served personally, right? Must it always be delivered personally to the residence of the person or can it be served in any other place like in a restaurant if you happen to see him and just let him sign?

Last edited by PleaseAnswer on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : vague)

44BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:13 pm

attyLLL

any place, but personally means to the actual person who signed the check

45BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:17 pm

plagooms

Arresto Menor

hello atty,

good day. i issued a check to my officemate of mine, amounting to 50thousand in return for 12 post dated checks amounting to 4666.66 issued by her husband. Problem is I lost the checks and the issuer won't issue replacement and saying he don't know the sequence of check number issued because it came from different check booklets (stray checks). our agreement is to wait for 6 months and then he'll pay each month for the 1st check and so on (we assume the checks are not encashed by then). my concern is since i lost the checks, how can i make them accountable in case they will not honor their promise (e.g. start paying after 6 months)?

thanks in advance.

46BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Please help me Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm

divine_318

divine_318
Arresto Menor

Nagloan po ako sa capitalife lending ng 20k, ang hulog po eh 1700php kada kinsenas... ngissue po ako ng 24 checks 1700 each check... di po ako nakahulog ng dec 15 so nagamit po ung maintaning balance na 3k... tapos nung january 2 pinaghulog ko po ung kapatid sa real bank, di nia po nahulog nagastos nia ung pera... tumawag po ung lending company sabi magbayad ako ng 4900 agad agad kc chinarge sila ng 3k ng real bank kc closed na daw ung checking acct ko...
panu po ggwin ko?? pupunuan ko po ba ung real bank para sa maintaining balance ko na 3k at ung hulog ko na 1700php para mareopen ung checking acct ko o mgbbyad ako 4900php sa capitalife?? papakulong daw po nila ko pag di ako ngbayad ngaung araw...

47BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Help me please Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:23 pm

divine_318

divine_318
Arresto Menor

Nagloan po ako sa capitalife lending ng 20k, ang hulog po eh 1700php kada kinsenas... ngissue po ako ng 24 checks 1700 each check... di po ako nakahulog ng dec 15 so nagamit po ung maintaning balance na 3k... tapos nung january 2 pinaghulog ko po ung kapatid sa real bank, di nia po nahulog nagastos nia ung pera... tumawag po ung lending company sabi magbayad ako ng 4900 agad agad kc chinarge sila ng 3k ng real bank kc closed na daw ung checking acct ko...
panu po ggwin ko?? pupunuan ko po ba ung real bank para sa maintaining balance ko na 3k at ung hulog ko na 1700php para mareopen ung checking acct ko o mgbbyad ako 4900php sa capitalife?? papakulong daw po nila ko pag di ako ngbayad ngaung araw...

48BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm

patetskie

Arresto Menor

gud evening po tanong ko lng sana kasi umutang po ako ng pera worth 30,000 nag issue po ako ng tseke ngayon yung tseke ko ay na close account na.. buwan buwan nag babayad po ako ng sabi nyang interest na 10 percent ngayon ay bayad ko na po ang kabu uhang 30,000 pesos pero ang kaso yung tseke na inissue ko sa kanya ay hindi nya po sina uli sa akin.. ngayon hina harass nya po ako na magrereklamo daw sya bakit di daw ako nagbabayad ng interest.. may resibo naman po ako nagbayad ako sa kanya at derekta ko hinulog sa account ng husband nya yung binayad ko na 30,000.. ngayon ang tanong ko po pwede po ba syang makapagreklamo sa akin? anu po pwede kong gawin?

49BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:09 am

waka9324

Arresto Menor

Please advise po. I issued a post dated check, and the time it reached the date, the check was deposited into a different bank early in the morning that date. I thought that when it is deposited into a different bank, it will have a clearing of up to 3 days. But what happened was that, at night, around 9 PM, when I checked online, I saw a negative balance, and then, I logged out. Then I re-loggin, and the negative balance was gone, but was replaced by an RCOCI which means a returned check. So, the previous entry was negative in which in RCOCI, the entry is possitive - it's just making some kind of reversal.

Now I am charged a total of P2,600 for this bouncing check.

I wish to deposit the amount the next day of it, since I thought in the first place, a 3 day allowance for clearing, but it appeared on my account at 9PM, in which I have no chance to deposit and then few mins after, it has an RCOCI entry wherein the next day I was charged P2,600.

I was made to understand that there will be up to 3 days check clearing if deposited into other banks; and a 5 day allowance to fund my account; but what happened was there's no 3 days, and there was no 5 days.

Please advise what to do.

Thanks.

50BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW - Page 2 Empty Re: BP22: BOUNCING CHECK LAW Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:33 pm

maldita010809

Arresto Menor

question po..i have a personal loan for php 40,000 with 10% per month interest to be paid every pay out..nakabayad po ako ng 7k tpos d na po nasundan..nag issue po ako ng cheque dun sa tao dated ng sept nka pay to cash..by the way wala po pinirmahan na agreement re the loan and alam po nung tao na wala fund ung cheque na issued ko po dhil cnbe ko sa kanya and cnbe ko sa kanya..nung hndi ko po nkuha ung commission ko sa binebenta ko and  sabay natanggal ako sa work..kinausap ko po ung nagpaloan and nakiusap na pag nakasettle na ko sa bago trabaho bayaran ko po paunti unti ung loan..ang sbe sa kin ay saka na lng daw po nmin pagusapan..ngyn po ang gsto nila ay bayaran ko ng buo ung 45,000 including the interest kse kung hndi mag file sila ng case..so kinausap ko po ulit ung tao nkiusap na bigyan po ako til mid ng decber to pay..pro ayaw po pumayag at nagfile na daw po xia ng complaint..anu po pde gawin dito?thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum