Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

my grandparents bought a land after my parents died. do we have a share of that land? how much of it?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

johnian

Arresto Menor

my grandparents bought a land after my parents died. do we have a share of that land? how much of it? I need an urgent reply please.....

johnian

Arresto Menor

actually this is the story sir. two of the four siblings died on 1941 during the war. then their father bought a property(land) on 1949. does this mean that the children of those who died on 1941 will not receive any part of the bought land?

homem

Arresto Mayor

johnian wrote:my grandparents bought a land after my parents died. do we have a share of that land? how much of it? I need an urgent reply please.....

yes, IMO, your share is equal to amount that your father/mother should get

johnian

Arresto Menor

thanks for the information

badwolfbri

Arresto Menor

First, your grandparents who bought the property in 1949 are obviously still living. correct?

if so, then the only property you will get are those properties owned by your parents when they died. Your grandparents' properties are their own while they yet live.

However, when your grandparents eventually die, as all human beings do, then their properties will have to go to their heirs. Your grandparent's heirs are of course your parent's siblings. As you said, there are 4 siblings. If A and B died in 1941, A being your father, then the remaining living heirs of your grandparents are C and D.

Having predeceased your grandparents, A and B's estates will still get their share of your grandparent's properties. Hence, if A is your father, then A's heirs (you and your siblings if any, or any surviving spouse if any) will only get what A would have gotten had he been alive. So kung may mga kapatid ka, you will have to divide with them the properties that A would have gotten.

With regard to the property bought in 1949 by your grandparents, hindi pa sure kung makukuha ninyo yun. Once your grandparents die, there will still have to be distribution and partition of the estate among the heirs, hence YOU MAY OR MAY NOT GET the land or a portion of the land bought in 1949.

Things you have to know are the following:
1. do your grandparents have a will?
2. if yes, then whether or not your father (A) wll get the land, depends on what is stated in the will.
3. if there's no will, then you may enter into extrajudicial partition with the other heirs of your grandparents, wherein you may lobby in getting the land bought in 1949.

Hope this helps! good luck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum