Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Children of former marriage refused to give consent in adoption of biological child of new spouse

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vivingrid

Arresto Menor

I have a friend who wanted to adopt their biological child. The husband was previously married and when the child was born the annulment was still in process so the kid was illegitimate. When he was finally annulled, they get married and had 3more kids. They want to adopt the first born child to legitimize the status of the child but the children of the previous marriage of the husband does not want to give their consent since they are all above 10 years of age. Is it okay to push through the adoption since the purpose is clearly to legitimize the status of the child which will be for the best interest of the child. I already did my research but cant find any jurisprudence of the same nature. Please help.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

They cannot proceed with the adoption without the consent of the father.

Drummer Boy

Arresto Menor

I say pursue the adoption. From what I understand,the biological father,no less, is the party who intends to adopt his child.

Had there been no legal impediment for the parents to marry at the time the child was born,then by the subsequent marriage of the parents,the child would have been legitimated or if the legal impediment was only minority,he would have been also legitimated.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

I see. sorry i misunderstood the situation. Very Happy
but the consent of the children from her previous husband is one of the necessary to proceed, right?

Drummer Boy

Arresto Menor

Yes Sir,because accordingly the children from the previous marriage are all over ten years of age,thus their consent are likewise required under the law. But I submit that the Court will give preference or will consider what would be for the best interest of the child. That's just my opinion though.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

i must agree Wink

attyLLL

it will be a gamble, but the law clearly states it is required. in the end the judge might grant it, and no one might object.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum