Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reckless Imprudence resulting to physical injuries

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

daxfb

Arresto Menor

Hello! Good evening! I'm a taxi driver, last Nov.2,2012 while I was temporarily stationary position waiting for the stop lights to flash green was incidentally struck or bumped by a foreigner w/out Phil. Prof. Drivers license & under the influence of liquor the rear portion of the taxi causing me to struck car a front and I was brought to the hospital. I sustained physical injuries contusion/edema on my left leg caused imbalance walk for about 3 months and severe hematoma on right chin and up to now is still remarkable (deformed face). 3 days after the incident we confronted w/ foreigner legal counsel and agreed that all medical expenses and daily earnings will be paid by the foreigner. Unfortunately, my earnings is not yet fully paid and medical check up stopped. Last Jan.3 2013 my Or-tho. doctor issued a med. certificate diagnosed continues hematomae and recommend fit for work for 8 hours, and on same day his legal counsel partially pay my earnings. The following day I reported to my taxi manager and requested for 8 hours shift but manager denied and told me all units are for 24 hrs only, and his legal counsel confirmed and noted. He also said that my earnings will continue be paid. January 23, my E.N.T doctor schedule for med. check up for my face, but his legal counsel didnt showed up. Instead, he keep promising thru call and text that they will pay my earnings and pursue my med. check up. Now, do I have still the right to file a case against the foreigner, like reckless imprudence resulting to physical injuries w/ claims for earnings and other damages? Is it serious physical injuries or what? Is it true that if I'll file a case as his legal counsel told me all their expenses be reimburse by me? What damages to claim? In this case, what is the prescription? Help me and thanks!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum