Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car Insurance Expired Due to late Auto renewal and resulted in denial of claim

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cybrej

Arresto Menor

I need legal advice, i loaned a car under a unionbank, then they told us about this auto renew, that because the vehicle was under mortgage, it cant be not insured even for a single month. But on 2011, we didnt get any notice by phone or by mail to remind us that our insurance was about to expire. We renew the insurance late, and the incident happened before the renewal. I need help badly, Its almost 2years now... and i still havent get my claim with MAPFRE INSULAR INSURANCE.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

The denial by the insurance company is correct.

Contract of insurance is enforceable only within the stated period covered by the insurance policy(usually 1yr for non-life policy), thus any peril/accident happened after the covered period will not held the insurance company liable.

Better check that "auto renew" policy by the bank, whether that policy covers:

1. the auto renewal of the registration of your car AND its insurance policy OR
2. auto renewal of the registration of the car ONLY.

cybrej

Arresto Menor

My expiration is on April, the incident happened on june, I paid June after the incident.. but before i paid i ask if it will be covered, they said it will be since the bank wont allow the car not insured for a single month. so my covarage is from April 2011 to April 2012, even though if i paid on june.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

There you are, try this:

1. Go to MAPFRE INSULAR INSURANCE and have your premium account be updated.

2. If your account covers April 2011 to April 2012 based on the insurance record, then file a claim to them.

3. Do this quickly so that your claim against the insurance company will not prescribe, as far as i know, claims against the insurance company will prescribe within 2 yrs from the date of its denial of your claim. (i doubt that your claim had already been denied by the insurance, but no notice sent to you, also, it is the insurance company is in the better position to tell you whether that accident STILL covers under the policy OR not and not those bank personnels).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum