Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

bouncing checks

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bouncing checks Empty bouncing checks Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 am

kellanved

Arresto Menor

Greetings,

I would really appreciate any advice about my situation. This is my story (sorry if its lengthy)

I sold a phone to a friend, said it was his father who is buying (im not dealing with his father personally) I gave him the item and in turn gave me post-dated check (around 2 months late) with signature but its blank. He urged me to write down the value of 27000 pesos, in words and numbers (said his penmanship is bad) and so I did then took a photo of it, saying he needs to present proof to his father that he did not overprice the value in the check.

Come the date of the check I deposited it to my account and after clearing I was notified 'DAIF' or insufficient funds. I called my friend and after 2 days he told me to redeposit it. This time the check bounced again for the reason of closed account.

After a month he and his father has been avoiding me and making up excuses and promises of settlement but to no avail. I haven't met his father even up to now. We just talked on the phone once and he acknowledged that his check bounced.

Now I got my lawyer to send a demand letter to the address my friend's house, which is his grandparent's house and not his father's. Note that by this time Im already convinced he's a fraud and would not tell me his father's real address if there's one.

Im sorry for the long post, thanks for your time though. I want to know if the case of BP 22 holds in favor of me, or am I missing something? I want to know my options before taking this to court :/ I would really appreciate your advice. Im just a student trying to make ends meet here and I really need help Sad Thanks in advance!

2bouncing checks Empty Re: bouncing checks Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

The fact that the check bounced is already a violation of BP 22. Try reading this. You may even find other alternatives that you may try in recovering your money. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/proven-ways-debt-collection

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum