Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you be forced to attend Barangay hearing?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cristal_lopez92

Arresto Menor

Hi Pinoy Lawyers,

I would just like to ask a question regarding barangay hearings.

I know the purpose of this is to provide mediation for minor disputes, and that lawyers are not allowed and you must physically attend. But here I have a dilemma.

I filed a case against a person for verbal abuse. However in the few hearings we've had. He continually abused me verbally and the 'Lupon' did nothing to stop him. They just told him it wasn't allowed and then the meeting continued. I'd count at least 5 verbal abuses against me per hearing.

How is this fair? How can I be forced to withstand verbal abuse after verbal abuse when that was the case I filed to begin with? The 'Lupon' never told him to leave, never threw him out of the meeting. They tolerate this behavior.

Now the person has shown violent behavior against me, we're co-workers. I have reason to believe in the next meeting he will bring a knife and attack me. Of course he would go to jail, but what good will that do if I am dead?

My question is, is there an alternative to being forced to attend a barangay meeting personally? I have a lawyer but how can I send the lawyer if it isn't allowed? Can I use the excuse of grave threat to send my lawyer instead of appearing personally?

I have never filed a case before and i am so shocked the Philippines denies justice to the abused like me. You have to meet face to face with your assailant before you will be entitled to 'Justice'.

Help me. I want to get my endorsement to file a case but I don't want to be stabbed at a barangay hearing to get it. What should I do?

Immense appreciation to anyone who can help.

Cristal

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum