Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Data privacy

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Data privacy Empty Data privacy Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 pm

penti01

Arresto Menor

Is it against any law (or the currently-restrained 'anti-cybercrime law') to monitor employer-supplied cellphones (and plan)? What if there is full-disclosure and the employee is given a waiver to sign?

In this case, phones given to supervisors for work-related calls only, agents and drivers to monitor their phone-usage, as well as their current location via GPS?

My only concern is that with a cellphone, it's something that the employee brings home and may use even after work hours, unlike GPS devices placed in vehecles where at any time still belongs to the employer.

Thanks in advance!

2Data privacy Empty Re: Data privacy Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:21 am

joomlaboy

Arresto Menor

there is no such law. if its employer issued, the employer has the right to do whatever they need to monitor. same with company emails, laptops, etc. or any device that has the capability to be monitored.

discretion din shempre ng employer, of course, you can be strict about it, or you you can let the employee use it for personal/emergency, as long as the employee shoulders the damage. but essentially, company can decide.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum