Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Per Diem and Secondment Agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Per Diem and Secondment Agreement Empty Per Diem and Secondment Agreement Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 am

junesky

Arresto Menor

hi atty,

i was sent by our company for secondment in singapore for 4 months. i was given a secondment contract indicating that i'll be receiving 100sgd (net) per diem which i regularly recieved in my payroll account. two weeks after i returned, i was informed by our payroll dept that they will be deducting tax on my per diem. Though i know that per diem is indeed taxable, our company has not really consistently implementing the tax on per diem. in fact, two of my officemates who were also sent to singapore on the first quarter of this year were not deducted with the per diem tax. they told me that they will be implementing this new policy on per diem tax effective june 2012. i felt so decieved as i thought i'll be receiving 100SGD (net). my question is can i demand my company to honor what is stated on my secondment contract? if they insist that per diem is indeed taxable can i charge them with damages as they have put me technically in debt with my company, as i owe them 110k of per diem tax. Hope you can give a legal advice on this. thank you very much.

2Per Diem and Secondment Agreement Empty Re: Per Diem and Secondment Agreement Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:27 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

usual practice is if you provide receipts it shouldnt be taxable..

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum