Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overtime Pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overtime Pay Empty Overtime Pay Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:51 pm

andresrizal

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty,

The head of our Cash department has been receiving overtime pay for several years now. He has 3 subordinates under his department. Is it legal or allowed since i think he falls under the managerial/supervisory level and therefore exempt from overtime pay? Will it constitute diminution of benefits should our company decide to discontinue giving his overtime pay? A provision from our employee HR manual on Overtime states that "OT shall be under the provisions of the Labor code of the Phils." May I be enlightened please? Thank you very much.

2Overtime Pay Empty Re: Overtime Pay Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 pm

tatak

Arresto Mayor

In NASUREFCO v NLRC, the Supreme Court discussed the concept of past practices which have ripened into contractual obligations. To fall under this category it must be a benefit:

1. Given over and above what the law requires
2. Over an extended period of time
3. The employer knowing he is not obliged by law to grant it.

http://bar2012.blogspot.com/

3Overtime Pay Empty Re: Overtime Pay Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:23 pm

andresrizal

Arresto Menor

In other words, we can no longer invoke Art. 82 of the LCP?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum