Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not allowing employee to work after resignation or termination for 1 year

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

emzer214@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Good Day,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before. There is this contract that states that after signing it, and if you resigned or get terminated, you are not allowed to work at the same field for a year.

I was just wondring if this does not cross any right of a person? Or if so, what are the remedies?

And also, are there any law that regulates what should be and not be written in contracts?

Thank you.

attyLLL

that is called a non-compete clause, and imo, it is enforceable. however, the other party has to file a case in court to enforce it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

emzer214@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Thanx for the quick response.

Got a follow up inquiry.

attyLLL wrote:that is called a non-compete clause, and imo, it is enforceable. however, the other party has to file a case in court to enforce it.

Hmmm, so once the contract is signed, they have the right to sue you and force you not to be able to do work on same field?

Also the contract stated that there is an evaluation for 2 months, it was not stated if the non-compete clause is only for regular employee, probation, or training and evaluation so I assumed it is applied in general. So if in the evaluation the employee fails and is terminated or had cut its ties with the employer due to failing, then the employer may file a case to the employee if they find another employer?

If thats true, then it would be like bargaining 1 year of employment for an employment that could possibly only last for 2 months. Sad

attyLLL

again, the court have ruled that to be enforceable. but rare is the company who will exert the cost and effort to do so.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

The LABOR will decide in favor of laborer. It is unlikely that you will not find work because of that contract. Its only used by company to keep its people inside the organization. Our constitution provide has provided us the right to work to support living and produces more taxes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum