Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal matters: Bond or no bond?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 pm

tribalsun

Arresto Menor

I filed a complaint before the NLRC years ago against my former employer for illegal dismissal with the help of a PAO lawyer. After several months or so the labor arbiter decided in favor of my former employer dismissing the case. My attorney then filed an appeal before the commission. A year later the commission gave the decision reversing the labor arbiter's decision with a monetary award. My former employer then filed a Motion for Reconsideration which in turn denied by the NLRC 8th Division.

My former employer is now seeking for writ of certiorary before the Court of Appeals.

Though I'm not a lawyer myself, per my understanding, to perfect an appeal the petitioner (my former employer) must post a bond or cash ( or surety ). Can you enlighten me on this?

Furthermore, if there is no bond made by my former employer am I entitled to seek a writ of execution to implement the 8th Division's decision?

I will look for your reply... Thanks.

2bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:32 am

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Check first if the period to file an appeal has already lapsed, if so get a certificate of finality of judgment, then go for writ of execution.

3bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:58 am

tribalsun

Arresto Menor

I believe the petion for certirary is in accordance with the reglementary period of sixty days. What I would like to know is the petition for certiorary requires a bond? If not, when should the posting a bond arise?

4bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:01 am

tribalsun

Arresto Menor

I believe the petition for certiorary is in accordance with the reglementary period of sixty days. What I would like to know is the petition for certiorary requires a bond? If not, when or where should the posting a bond arise?

5bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 pm

attyLLL

no bond is necessary, but you can request for execution of the award already.

note however, if CA or SC reverses the nlrc, then you have to pay back what you received, if any.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 am

tribalsun

Arresto Menor

Can i still request for a writ of execution pending CA court mediation?

7bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:53 am

attyLLL

yes

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

8bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

tribalsun

Arresto Menor

Got it.
This site is awesome!
Thanks so much!

9bond - Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Empty Re: Legal matters: Bond or no bond? Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:38 pm

k92b

Arresto Menor

Hi, I hope I've got the right forum. Anyways, I would like to know how long can a company terminates an employee if the employee has no call no show after signing a contract?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum