Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

URGENT! ---> UNPAID loan and credit card with PDC in the UAE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gwafa

Arresto Menor

Good Day! Atty. i want ur legal advice with regards my unpaid loan and credit card from two banks in the UAE which i have issued a PDC.It has been 6 months now that i haven't paid my loan as i went back here in the philippines for an emergency matter.my husband is there in dubai but unfortunately he is not able to pay the loan and credit card.the loan amounts to more than half a million pesos.i have a plan to go back in dubai after 6 mons but because of what happened now it is not possible.

i've received two calls last week.first call was from 0917xxxxxxx which is from A bank (local agency of the A bank here in the philippines) and the second call was from dubai which is from B bank.the call i've received from dubai told me that...
1.they will file a case against me in dubai and the case will be forwarded here in the philippines
2.someone will pick me up in my home and i will be put in jail
3.my name will be posted in the interpol and i will be banned in the UAE.

here are my concerns:
1.will the UAE govt can file a criminal case against me here in the philippines?if it is not possible,will the local collection agency here in the philippines can file me a case?what kind of civil case?
2.i have read an article that UAE has an extradition arrangement between 34 countries including philippines.will the court here in the philippines allow for an extradition of their own citizen if the case is like mine?
3.i have plan to work abroad.i am planning to look for a job in singapore.
(a)is there any extradition treaty/arrangement between uae and singapore?
(b)will i encounter any problem in the philippines or singapore immigration?
(c)will the philippine immigration issue a hold departure order while the local collection agency is searching for me?
4.is it possible that my name will be posted in the interpol?what are the criteria that your name will be posted in the interpol?
5.is my case a big international crime?

kindly help me and advice what are the best solutions to do as i am really worried in my situation right now.

tnx much for the help.

gwafa

Arresto Menor

somebody please help me... urgent lng po. tnx.

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

500,000.00 PHP = 43,948.06 AED
Philippine Peso ↔ Emirati Dirham

My dear, Interpol will not get you unless it is a crime which is a threat of national security. Even if you have a million loan in dubai they will interfer but still considering you're in a GCC country Dubai banks can demand to bring you back if they found out your their thru centralized banking implemented by GCC countires.

U.A.E. orany GCC Creditors are insured for 100,000 AED if you dont owe them more than that the insurance will pay off your debt. But of course they are doing their best to chase after you after all it's money and if they have a way to recover it, they will but if you exited the country they will find it difficult to do so.

Depends which bank you took the loan from but one thing for sure you will be banned in U.A.E. and don't be tempted to go back if you do not wish them to put you in jail.

Is your account and loans joint account with your husband? If not they cannot get him involved in this legal matters.

They would have to sue you in Dubai to be effective.

You do have Philippine Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
http://fitzvillafuerte.com/philippine-fair-debt-collection-practices-act.html
http://tonyocruz.com/?p=1559

Should they try and succeed in obtaining a judgment in Dubai, they will have to try to register it in Philippines at which time you will be able to assert any defenses against it -- that you don't owe it, their process did not grant you due process and request the court not give it any recognition.

Harassment with idle threats is the meat and drink of collection agencies. If they persist, you can take action against them here through laws already in place to protect people from unscrupulous creditors and collection agencies. You can make an international incident out of it if you wish.

Make further inquiries with Central Banks in Philippines who deals with loans they would know better and will tell you your rights.

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

No one can be imprison for Non-payment of debt.
http://jlp-law.com/blog/no-one-can-be-imprisoned-for-non-payment-of-debt/

castortroy

Arresto Menor

hello,

meron pong tumawag sa akin ang sabi ay makipag coordinate ako sa kanila asap bec of warrant of arrest will be serve due none payment of loan bec of wala na pong pambayad months ago. now they are telling me na may case against me dahil sa loan sa bank. nag issue po ng pdc before pero di natuloy ang bayad dahil po sa di inaasahang bagay. ano po kaya ang nxt step ko para dito. meron po bang criminal case na talaga? kng meron, ako po ba ay aarestuhin? ano po kaya ang work around nito?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum