Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Japan-Philippine Dual Citizenship

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Japan-Philippine Dual Citizenship Empty Japan-Philippine Dual Citizenship Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:13 pm

ArdieLlauder

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I was born and raised here in the Philippines i am now 18 years old. I just got my Japanese Passport last week and now I already have two names; one japanese, one filipino.

Now I am holding both japanese and philippine (already expired) passports. My mom is filipina and dad is japanese. Now I know the rules that Japan does not recognize dual citizenship (when you reach 20) while Philippines does. I plan to live in Japan after graduation and work there for 10 years or more then go back here in the Philippines.

Questions:

I am going to japan in May, will Immigration question me because I don't have a dual citizenship? Do I have to renew my Philippine Passport? If so, do I have to show both passports upon leaving/entering the two countries?

What name and citizenship shall i put on the application forms, like banks, employment application forms, school registration forms? I am currently enrolled in my university as my Philippine name and I want to change it to Japanese.

2Japan-Philippine Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Japan-Philippine Dual Citizenship Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:37 pm

attyLLL

I can't advise you on japanese law.

the dual citizenship law will still consider you to be a filipino, but If you actively renounce your philippine citizenship, then you have to register as an alien at bureau of immigration and acquire a visa.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum