Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:08 am

Imtoolj

Arresto Menor

Hi ! I hope anyone here can give me some advice and information regarding dual citizenship. I am a natural born filipino and na acquire ko australian citizenship ko thru my mum because i was 16 at that time. Now i was 27 so my application was denied. The immigration office told me i cannot apply for dual citizenship and insisted me to apply for recognition as filipino citizen which is 12,500. I asked the officer why i cant apply as dual if i will apply as the petitioner like my mum which she was granted as dual already. He said, because i acquired my aust. Citizenhip thru my mum, Upon reading the ra 9225 it didnt say regarding that basta sb don naturalized by a foreign country. Sana may makatulong sa akon dito. Thank you

2Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:47 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

All you have to do is to take your original authenticated birth certificate from NSO at the Philippine Embassy and they can help you through it! You have to re-affirm your Filipino citizenship through them not from the immigration!

3Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Imtoolj

Arresto Menor

The immigration has my nso birth certificate and told them that i was born in the philippines. The officer from ra 9225 told me that the reason why i cant apply for dual because i acquired my australian citizen thru my mum. But that doesnt say in ra 9225.thats why i need help. Thank you for ur reply.

4Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:42 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

After you acquired the Canadian citizen they cannot stop you from obtaining the dual citizenship as it is our rights as Filipino to re-aquire our citizenship if we wish to do so. In order to do this, you do not get the Canadian immigration involve in this. Similarly with acquiring dual citizenship in the UK, UK citizenship becomes my main nationality and if I wish to obtain dual nationality, all I have to do is re-affirm my citizenship at the Philippine embassy in London not with the immigration. Of course they will stop you from doing this as they don't really deal with this stuff and they don't have an idea about the Philippine law allowing our kabayan to obtain dual nationality. Just go to the Philippine embassy and all you have to do is take an oath with them to reaffirm your Filipino nationality.  m3

5Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 am

Imtoolj

Arresto Menor

I am in the philippines right now. All along i thought i was a dual already since it was already granted last 2004 but we did not get our certification. Tpos i thought of getting our certificates nun this november lng ata then boom my mum was granted an i got denied coz my mum did not realize that the order they given us nun 2004 my age was 17 but i was actually 18 na pla so it is ok since it was in the ra 9225. Ive been living in the philippines since 2008 and havent been to australia since then. And now im scared to go out the country kse baka mapenalize ako. Kaya i want to apply my dual citizenship here in the philippines. But i want to talk to the right persons and make sure if i follow that they were insisting or i am right regarding the dual. I dont wnt to pay 12500 if i can only pay for 2500. Thank you for your reply

6Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:32 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Oh well. That is definitely with the Immigration then. Well, if you were in Australia its a lot easier because the Philippine embassy will assist you at little cost but you are in the Philippines, immigration are a bit rip off, if you know what I mean!  Evil or Very Mad maybe you are better off to go back to Australia pala (not bloody Canada), then approach the Philippine Embassy from there.

7Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:40 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You are born Filipino and just obtain other nationality so they should not give you any trouble at all!
Check this out:
http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/dual-citizenship/introduction-note.html

8Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 am

Imtoolj

Arresto Menor

Yeah. My mum called the consulate of the phils. In australia they told my mum that i should apply for dual not recognition and when i talked to the immigration officer he told me that they know better because they are the main office. Even though i will apply in australia madedeny din. Im tired of arguing with them. If im not only thinking the penalties ill get for overstaying here i would just apply in australia. I appreciate ur reply. Thank you so much

9Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:44 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Lol! They just want your money that's why they are insisting on you doing it in the Philippines. They cannot deny you at the Philippine embassy in Australia! You do not apply for recognition its straight forward to dual citizenship as you used to hold Philippine passport before you became Australian citizen. If you were born in Australia is one thing but you used to hold Philippine passport. Therefore you are still entitled to it! Wink

10Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:54 am

Imtoolj

Arresto Menor

Will keep you updated .. Cant wait to call them on jan. 2

11Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:04 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Cheers!

12Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:04 pm

chinchinchung

Arresto Menor

Hi ! My Parents are taiwanese but i was born here and raise in the Philippines . what is me nationality? because i'm planning to get a passport ? thanks

13Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Empty Re: Ra 9225 Dual Citizenship Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:44 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Are your parents still living in the Philippines? They should get you passport from Taiwan Embassy. There's no way you can be a Filipino citizen because you are born there. If your parents are both Taiwanese, then you are Taiwanese too!.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum