Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adverse Findings in Background Check

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adverse Findings in Background Check Empty Adverse Findings in Background Check Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:56 pm

jecmac

Arresto Menor

The company I would be joining next year informed me that they had an adverse finding on my mother's name. They only used her First Name and Last Name. I informed them that they should verify their information and gave the full maiden name of my mother and other information they might find useful in verification. Instead of verifying, they want my mother to submit an affidavit of denial.
Would I be legally liable to them in any way if I did not submit the affidavit? I haven't signed any contract with them yet but only signed their job offer.
Please advise.
Thank you!

2Adverse Findings in Background Check Empty Re: Adverse Findings in Background Check Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm

attyLLL

what about your mother did they find? that she committed some offense?

why would you refuse to ask your mother not to submit an affidavit? do you still want to join that company?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Adverse Findings in Background Check Empty Re: Adverse Findings in Background Check Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

jecmac

Arresto Menor

Yes, attyLLL. It's a criminal case concerning money.
I feel they are being unfair in asking for an affidavit when the hit is only based on the first and last name. I've given them enough info to verify their concern but only replied that there is no middle name available.
To be honest, I'm feeling more hesitant in pursuing my employment since they had been giving me requirements bit by bit. Once I comply with one and ask for my contract, they'd say that I have to comply with another one. This is the third of their piece meal requirements.

4Adverse Findings in Background Check Empty Re: Adverse Findings in Background Check Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

attyLLL

well, this is all about consent. if you don't wish to proceed, then don't give an affidavit. if you wish to continue, you'll have to take on how many rounds they feel is necessary until they hire.

hope this is a good job though. a BI going to the parents is pretty deep.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Adverse Findings in Background Check Empty Re: Adverse Findings in Background Check Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:01 am

jecmac

Arresto Menor

It's an ok job. The BI for parents is just normal for them since they do this for single applicants.

Thank you attyLLL. Good thing I found this site 'coz it's been a lot of help for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum