Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hospital Laws

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hospital Laws Empty Hospital Laws Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:23 am

hjemima

Arresto Menor

Dear Atttorney,

I am writing with regards to my sister who is currently detained at St Lukes Hospital. Umabot na po ung bill sa P400k not yet including doctors fees. She's been there for a month already. In her first two weeks we were able to pay 150k but even if we paid 150k, nilagay pa rin po sya sa red tag which means na kailangan po nmin bayaran lahat ng medical expenses up front kc hindi na daw po iyon gagastusin ng hospital. So everyday we had to pay at least 20k for her dialysis and meds. Ngaun na pede na po sya lumabas ayaw po syang palabasin hanggat hindi bayad ang 400k na bill. Naka-hiram po kmi pera na 150k. Nakalapit na din po kmi sa PCSO pero hindi din po sila nag-aacept ng guarantee letter from PCSO. They will only accept cash or cheque from PCSO! Eh hindi nman po kaagad-agad ngbibiigay ng cheque ang PCSO. Yes my sister is in a private room but this is because of the doctors advice as well. She had to be isolated dahil na din po sa sakit nya, madali at delikado po sya mahawaan ng iba pang sakit. Nag-mamakaawa na po kmi na pumayag sila ng promissory note, we are going to pay 25k per month pero ayaw pa rin po nila pumayag. Habang tumatagal, lalo din pong lumalala sakit ng kapatid ko na naka-kulong dun sa room. Gumagaling na nga po sna sya pero dahil sa hindi sya pinapalabas nagkakarun na po ng asthma, pneumonia, infections, etc…ng dahil na din sa mga sakit na nahahawa sa knya sa hospital. The doctor has adviced that she has to get out na and will only get sicker inside the hospital, ang problema nman po ung billing dept ayaw kmi palabasin. Do we have a case for this? Can we demand na palabasin na ang kapatid ko? I know RA 9439 only covers wards pero dahil sa difficult situation ng sakit ng kapatid ko and the very high bill, I am hoping na mag-consider nman po cla ng promissory note.
Maraming salamat po.

2Hospital Laws Empty Re: Hospital Laws Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 pm

attyLLL

there is no clear legal remedy, but i did hear of one story where the patient filed a case of illegal detention, and then the whole family and bgy came to rescue her out of the hospital. they took videos when the guards stopped them, but they were allowed to leave when they threatened to give the videos to media. not really a lawyer's solution. in the end they weren't able to pay and the hospital filed a collection case.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum