Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

working with arrogant manager

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1working with arrogant manager Empty working with arrogant manager Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:03 pm

july123048

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.
Good Day.
This my first time in this blog. I just want to ask an advice from you regarding my situation.I am working in one of the Rural Banks here in Cebu since July 2011. I have a problem with my manager because of his attitude towards us, employees.
I considered him as the Most Arrogant Manager. One occassion wherein he said some haughty comments to me,he said that "I, even my former Boss, cannot surpass his capabilities even on the tip of his fingernail". That rude and wrong statement really shook me. It is so degrading on our part since we are CPAs and my former boss is a Partner of the one of the reputable accounting firm in the country and he treated us like that.
Now, I submitted my resignation letter but he refuses to accept because of the terms and condition stated in my employment contract. It stated there that I have to RENDER CONTINUOUS SERVICES OF 2YRS TO THE BANK. Since I am just 5 months here, what will I do to resign in this company?
Thank you for your advice Smile

2working with arrogant manager Empty Re: working with arrogant manager Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:53 pm

attyLLL

you have to render 30 days notice period. it does not need his approval.

what is the basis for the 2 year period? is it because you received training? is there a liquidated amount of damages?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3working with arrogant manager Empty Re: working with arrogant manager Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:31 pm

july123048

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your reply atty. I really appreciate it. Smile

Granting that I have tendered my 30days notice period of resignation, what if later he would say that I did not, can he sue me for breach of contract? what would be my proof that he receives it.

Nope, it's not stated in the contract that I will receive training or a liquidated amount of damages in case of breach of contract for 2year period except for enjoyment of my basic salary, reimbursable expense and rice allowance. However, the company did sent me to 2 seminars, wherein they have incurred a total amount of P5,500. I am welling to pay the P5,500 just in case they demand for it.

I am worried with my future because he might send letters to destroy my reputation to my next employer. What would be the risk I will be expecting? Can I get my Certificate of Employment and Clearance?
Thank you Smile

4working with arrogant manager Empty Re: working with arrogant manager Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:43 am

attyLLL

have your letter received by HR so you have proof.

if he does that, you can charge him with libel. discuss with hr regarding requirements and process for clearance

5working with arrogant manager Empty Re: working with arrogant manager Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 pm

july123048

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Since this is just a small company, in fact it's a stand-alone bank, the manager is also the HR Manager. Any COE and Clearance issued by the bank will be signed by him. Now, I doubt I could get my COE and Clearance if I resign.

6working with arrogant manager Empty Re: working with arrogant manager Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 pm

attyLLL

there have been cases where the employee filed a case in nlrc just to settle by getting their coe and clearance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum