Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stockholder and Employee (my signed contract)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

onel06

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty:

Last year po, three of us (my co-employees / friends) approached the president of our competitor company to propose a business plan. Our plan before was to put our own company and make the said president to be our financier and we will get all the products we will sell from his current company. Instead of agreeing on our proposal, the said president po ay nagtayo ng another company na kaming tatlo ang magpapatakbo. May sweldo po kami and ginawa rin nya kaming tatlo as stockholders of this new company but the majority of the board members are his family members and relatives. Parang lumabas lang na dummy kami. Kami pong tatlo ang nagstart at halos nagpatatakbo sa company na ito. Kami rin pong tatlo ang nag-contribute ng lahat ng benta. Nag-start po ang company sa zero pero right now meron na syang benta na around 11 million pesos from our efforts.

Ngayon po, medyo nagkakameron na kami ng conflict ng president and ng asawa nya. Ang tanong ko lang po ay just in case he decides to terminate us as employees or three of us decides to leave this company, do we have the right po ba na kuhanin yung profit share namin sa company? Our names are written in the SEC Registration and we were given 2% share each. Nung nagmeeting po kami last September 2011, yung employment contract lang po ang binigay sa amin ng president and he never discussed the profit sharing matters.

Thanks po.

attyLLL

being a stockholder gives you separate rights from being an employee. it doesn't automatically entitle you to profits unless the board of directors issue a resolution declaring dividends.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

onel06

Arresto Menor

so meaning attorney, we have no clear directions pala that we will get any profit sharing since we haven't discussed any resolutions yet? How about the thing that they used our names? Is it legal and what benefits we will get by allowing them to use our names as stockholders? The fact that they used our names, we will also be liable siguro for whatever lapses the company will have but in terms of proficts, wala pala kami makukuha? What is the best way to ask the president about this? We plan to ask this sa kanya but we're not yet sure how we will start it.

Thanks.

attyLLL

i would believe that you signed the articles and by laws without duress. you still own your 2%.

write a courteous letter

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

onel06

Arresto Menor

Thanks attorney. Will consider your advise and I will tell my colleagues to do it also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum