Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NO CONTRACT SIGNED

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NO CONTRACT SIGNED Empty NO CONTRACT SIGNED Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:20 pm

bebeakquira

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty

I would like to ask some questions regarding my situation.

I previously applied for a work in Dubai as a Membership Consultant of Fitness First. Final interview happened last May 20. The agency already have my passport and some documents. I signed an OFFER LETTER which indicates my salary , position and some requirements that I need to pass. The employer said that we will be leaving in 8-10 weeks. They asked me to undergo medical asap. They will give the 75% of the total medical fee once i started working. Then, I was shocked when the agency called me that I passed the medical but would also want me to pay the initial placement fee of 5,000pesos and the bal 11,000pesos should be paid when the visa arrives, so I paid 5,000pesos.

It is almost November now. Since then, when I asked them about the visa, they would tell me that my name is not yet included on the visas that was sent to them. Me and my husband decided to pull out my papers since the visa is not yet given and that since my husband will be departing this nov also. I will be left with the kids. I informed the agency about the pulling out of my papers last Mon, Oct 23 and asked them if I will be refunded of 5,000pesos. They said that if the visa is not yet granted, yes I will but if it's already granted, I will be paying more than what I paid for. They also said that they have notified the employer about it but still got no response from them.

My questions are:

Upon reading the POEA's rules and regulations,
1. Is Dubai one of the countries that allows placement fee?
2. Is an OFFER LETTER considered a standard EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT as well?
3. Should I really be paying more than 5,000pesos if I already have the visa but will not be using it?

I'm so confused about this for this would be my first time to work abroad.

THank you for your immediate response.

2NO CONTRACT SIGNED Empty Re: NO CONTRACT SIGNED Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:32 pm

attyLLL

it's been too long so write them a letter stating that you are no longer interested and demand that your money be returned. if they refuse, threaten them with a case at poea

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3NO CONTRACT SIGNED Empty Re: NO CONTRACT SIGNED Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:52 am

bebeakquira

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your quick reply Atty. I will definitely do that. More power and please continue helping people like me Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum