Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Action for AWOL

+74
zentrix06
Jst4u
ahnmaeri17
amtc02
Jas10
mikos23
queenly
Nethan
Rinnie
Jesi j.
miko
cowboy1989
CuriousGuy04
llara
unluckyguy
Alterac
Pinkish
euferreras
Kuyaez
iormayden
ador
Nicoli
agnes088
Azia27
ms.piggy
centro
anotko
JarvisTyler
Dranreb8
abi.1008
whoozaa
jenny_acp071109
simplyMe0617
HrDude
Robeglenn
rizaneth
Beater
aica03
agentgirl1290
Mcdopagdanganan
hermiefatienza
anonymous1986
richard.1212
ennaferg
wriza
marijun.honey
belly06
council
juandieg0
malaya0128
HR Adviser
maharlika05
alexisbantilan
mariz0116
lenlocks
doggieborg
chizzzzy_chester
joycejimibayrante
engineer0324
tagalup
eq51765
angelinealvarez
eugene buenavente
ranCuneta
caster
Patok
adrianne1986
rickyjose69
Life is Beautiful
pik
tetey24
evilciao
attyLLL
raptor06
78 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Legal Action for AWOL Empty Legal Action for AWOL Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:46 pm

raptor06

Arresto Menor

Hello Atty,

what legal action can a company file against you if you go AWOL because they won't accept your immediate resignation?

i need to immediately resign because my student visa was approved quite late and i had to fly to australia ASAP because my classes are about to start, can they make me come back to the philippines by notifying the australian embassy that they will file a legal case?

my boss told me to just ignore the letters that will come from the company, what should i do?

Thanks

2Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:21 am

attyLLL

you are supposed to render 30 day notice and failing to do so, the company is entitled to damages. however, it can only be a collection case and it is unlikely their reach will get you in australia.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:13 pm

raptor06

Arresto Menor

Thanks Atty

4Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 pm

evilciao

Arresto Menor

hi sir
ano po ba ang mangyayari kapag nagfile ng AWOL yung company sa DOLE, what are the damages for me. yun po ung nkalagay sa letter nila.

Kasi pumirma ako ng contract tapos pumasok lng ako ng 2 days tapos di ako pumasok. Sinabi ko sa knila pero di ako nagresign.

anu po ba ang mangyayari

5Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 am

tetey24

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

I have the same case with "raptor06" I filed a immediate resignation but my company told me I need to render 30 days for it. I tried complying and was able to report for work for a few days.. With my tight sched (I'm in the process of establishing my own small business), I really can't complete their 30 days requirement, so I spoke to my boss and HR and asked them if they can allow me not to report back anymore and just complete my clearance. They denied my request and told me if I will not report back to work until the agreed date, they will mark me as AWOL or will be terminated.

How will this affect me? I was just planning to concentrate on my business for a few months then get back to work again in the future.

I really appreciate you advice and thanks so much in advance.

6Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

evilciao

Arresto Menor

eto ung part lang nung letter
This is to inform you that you have been AWOL for five (5) days.

In view of the above, you are advised to report for duty IMEDIATELY, or not later than *date*, in order to preserve your post.

If in any case you are not interested to report, please find time to file your RESIGNATION L etteron or before *date*, or *Company* office will file Absent Without Official Leave (AWOL) to Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

Failure to comlpy within the stipulated time, will be considered TERMINATION of contract ...*

mahigit 1 month na nakaklipas nun bago sila gumawa ng letter na 5 days ako nag awol (ayon sa date sa sulat), tapos mahigit isang buwan ko naman bago ko nareceive yung sulat (base sa date sa sulat), regular mail ang ginamit. So kahit anung gawin ko di ako makakcomply sa sulat kasi super late.
So all in all mga 2 and a half months na simula ng ma tanggap at di pumasok

*kung makapagfile nga sila gaano katagal ko bago malaman, paano po ba ang procedure nun?
...super stress. ^_^ need help

7Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 pm

attyLLL

tetey, if you need a certificate of employment from them in the future it will be difficult

evil, to claim damages from you, they have to file it in court not dole, and it is very unlikely they will

8Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:45 pm

tetey24

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advice attyLLL!

9Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:38 am

evilciao

Arresto Menor

thanks sir,
that's what they say in the letter, so I thought they will, and I hope they will not even in court.

10Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:11 pm

evilciao

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:

evil, to claim damages from you, they have to file it in court not dole, and it is very unlikely they will

what do you mean sir by unlikely? they will file against me? or not?

11Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 am

attyLLL

that's totally up to them. i am only speculating and my opinion is that it is unlikely that they will.

12Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:45 pm

evilciao

Arresto Menor

ah your opinion is - they wont.

13Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:05 am

pik

Arresto Menor

hi atty. ive been working to a company for 2 and half yrs. under an agency, tinanggal po sa trabaho w/out prior notice, and declared me as awol,opo may time na di ko nakakapasok due to some reason and hindi ko po na inform superior ko, and besyds that in long yrs. working on that co. wala po ko pinirmahan na contract sa agency eversince.. will i still get my back pay..pls help po..

14Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Life is Beautiful

Arresto Menor

Hi, Atty. I am working in the Government (police) and was like a week absent now in my work and planning not to report anymore. Though my superior doesn't know my plans but I'm sure that they gonna file an AWOL for my case soon. Now, I have several interviews with the Private companies and my worries are the length of processing AWOL case to someone, and the complication of tracing my previous employer through the PAGIBIG, Philhealth, etc. I need not to declare that I joined the Govt in like 1 1/2yr because of indirectly correlations of the nature of the jobs. I am feeling also that maybe in 2-3 weeks time I could get in to any of these companies and minding the dilemma on the "contributions" thing of PAGIBG, Philhealth, etc. Could you give me an insight for what I should do. And may I ask if how long will it take to effect the AWOL thing or being terminated with that case. THNAK YOU SO MUCH

15Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm

rickyjose69

Arresto Menor

Atty: when can you file an employee is AWOL? how many days not reporting to work w/o notice to employer? If terminated will the employee(regular) receive any compensation from employer? AWOL can be classified as negligence and abandonment of duties... An employee been absent w/o notice for 15 days and when sent a letter from employer for explanation why he should not be terminated he filed a case in DOLE for illegal dismissal????

Please help...

16Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 pm

rickyjose69

Arresto Menor

Atty: Is AWOL or Abandonment of duties be classified or fall to Serious Misconduct?

17Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:11 pm

attyLLL

yes

18Legal Action for AWOL Empty awol Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 pm

adrianne1986

Arresto Menor

hi atty,

tanong q lng po, kinasuhan po kc q ng boss q ng awol. 5days aqng absent dhil ngkasit aq... pro ng nonotify po q evryday at my med. cert po qng bngay... tama po b un? tska pinirmahan po ng hr my admin hearing po q at ang grounds ay dismissal? ano po ba pwede qng gwin? my laban po b q pgngfile aq s labor ng case??

19Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:33 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if you have a valid reason, they can not dismiss you, you can file a case of illegal dismissal sa NLRC.

20Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:59 pm

attyLLL

make sure you have a medical certificate and a written explanation.

21Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm

adrianne1986

Arresto Menor

5 days po q absent, pro 2matawag po evryday pra iinform cla n im still sick. pgbalik q nung feb. 12 2013, kinausap lng aq ng tl q, bngay q ung med cert.
pro nung feb. 15 2013, awol nq... im so mentally stressed n po s ngyayari...

22Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

bumalik ka nang feb. 12 after mo mag AWOL for 5 days? tapos Feb. 15 nag AWOL ka ulit?

23Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm

attyLLL

if you want to save your job, you have to go to work.

24Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 pm

adrianne1986

Arresto Menor

Patok wrote:bumalik ka nang feb. 12 after mo mag AWOL for 5 days? tapos Feb. 15 nag AWOL ka ulit?

bli 5days aqng absent pro 2mtawag aq evrynight s company pra iinform naabsent aq... pgblik q ng feb.12, my medcert
n qng dla at ngwork n ulit aq.. pro nung feb.15, tinag n awol ung 5 days n wla aq... tpos dnismiss n nla q nung feb.20??/

25Legal Action for AWOL Empty Re: Legal Action for AWOL Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm

attyLLL

i see, imo, that's unduly harsh. if you wish to question your termination, your remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum