Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reduce Working Days

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reduce Working Days Empty Reduce Working Days Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:24 pm

whoosh

Arresto Menor

Good day! My company is planning to reduce our working days (without pay). We are all regular employees on a monthly basis. They will cut 6 working days without pay per month. Their reason is our company's income. The management is planning to file a NOTICE to Reduce Working Days to DOLE before implementing this to the staff.
Attached in the notice are the reasons why, and the summary of book of accounts. They were saying about the income of the company is the reason, which I think they manipulated the book of account.

My question is, is their move legal ? Should the DOLE approved they request immediately? Should the DOLE need to inspect/monitor the company first before approving their request?

thank you in advance.

Last edited by whoosh on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Reduce Working Days Empty Re: Reduce Working Days Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 pm

attyLLL

if you are monthly paid workers, it can be argued to be a diminution of benefit if they reduce work days and it results in lower pay.

the work force has to be united in registering their opposition because reduced work day schemes are valid if there is consent from the workers.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum