Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pending obligation of a Stroke patient

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pending obligation of a Stroke patient Empty Pending obligation of a Stroke patient Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm

claire macaraig

Arresto Menor

My dad is a small-time contractor and undertakes janitorial works. One time, he hired a subcontractor to undertake a certain P200,000-worth project. If my memory serves me right, their deal happened around January or February this year. The project has long been completed but up until now, my father still has not given the whole payment to the subcontractor. According to the subcontractor, my dad still has a pending payment of around P30,000. Unfortunately, my dad suffered from stroke a month ago and now has difficulty in speech. The doctor advised us that it would be bad for him to be stressed out because he is still in a critical condition, so we don’t tell him anything about the infuriated subcontractor who’s been bothering us with my dad’s pending obligation. The family of the subcontractor has been bugging our family for the unpaid payment since last month. My mom initially talked to the subcontractor and told them that we had nothing to do with the transaction since in the very first place, the deal was just between him and my dad. But since they never stop bugging us, she succumbed and told the subcontractor that she will try her best to pay their P30,000 as soon as my dad gets well. Unfortunately, the illness of my dad has already cost us a lot and we do not have enough money to pay for his “debt”. Though we are in a financial crisis right now, my mom submitted to the subcontractor’s demand to pay the P30,000 because she believes my dad is the one at fault in this case. She thinks dad already received the complete payment for the contract months ago but failed to hand the payment to the subcontractor for a reason we do not know. My mom has been requesting the subcontractor to give her enough time to settle everything but the subcontractor never stops bugging her. Yesterday, the subcontractor went to our house and gave us a letter from the barangay. What can possibly happen to my mom? Is it possible for the subcontractor to file charges against my mom even though my mom knows nothing about his deal with my dad? Can my dad be imprisoned or brought to the barangay for deliberation despite his critical condition?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum